Slammin' Hondas

Ghostalker said:
I read they are recomended for fiberglass hoods, one can assume carbon fiber aswell for them ricers/extremely weight concsious people(like pro drag...)

The reason they suggest using hood pins instead of a latch when switching to fiberglass is because in some cases the fiberglass would crack in the middle where the latch is. This was due to the hood lifting up at high speeds. Having the hoodpins in the corners is safer then a single latch in the middle.
That said, our hoods are designed so that a latch is sufficient. Look at Corvettes also. So putting pins on a perfectly fine hood would be purely cosmetic.

i think they look REALLY cool, but is it too much for a 6?
IMO, Yes.
I'd leave hoodpins to purely race bred cars(like GT350's), or musclecars that came stock with them. If I saw them on a V6 Mustang I'd think the owner was a Dale Earnhardt wannabe.:jester:

But as Ghostalker said, whatever floats your boat. It's your car.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I put hood pins on my after market ram air hood due to the fact that the latch plate would not stay tightened down and the hood would bounce up and down on the Thruway at 70MPH. So, does that make me a V6 drivin' Dale Earnhardt wannabe? :shrug:

attachment.php

And everyone's FAVORITE car shot...
attachment.php

:lol: :rlaugh: :nice:

MarvinMyCat said:
Well, I put hood pins on my after market ram air hood due to the fact that the latch plate would not stay tightened down and the hood would bounce up and down on the Thruway at 70MPH. So, does that make me a V6 drivin' Dale Earnhardt wannabe? :shrug:

Did you even read my entire post?
If you did, you'd understand that this is almost the exact situation I was describing where hoodpins are a necessity. If you drove your car in excess of 100mph(at a sactioned racing event of course :rolleyes: ) without hood pins, you'd probably loose your hood, making a potentially dangerous situation for yourself or other drivers.
This is of course when switching to a Non-OEM hood. No automaker would sell an unsafe latch setup; so hoodpins on a stock V6 Mustang hood is too much.

Judging by your sarcasm, you are unfamiliar with Dale wannabes. Maybe you've never been to the south. :shrug: But I always see the #3 on mid-80's Monte Carlos. And just the other day I saw a new Monte Carlo with black wheels and raised yellow-letter tires. :rlaugh:

well, as far as the front bumper goes, anything that will fit, im sure with the stock front bumper those headlights and hood didnt look nearly so misplaced...
thank god you got a new car marvin, just about the sexiest color ever on the 94-98 mustangs, roughly the same color as mine (as has been said on multiple occasions) =D

The ironic thing here is your cracking on cars thats are prob 100% just as fast your car is stock...LOL!

They probably ask the same thing..."Why the eff would anyone buy a 6 cylinder mustang..."

the funny thing is thats not what this thread is about,

ha-ha

the thread is about the styling these cars are going for, which does exist. what i see are people trying to make their cars look like these drifting guys
this doesnt make too much sense, all things considered the 'ricer' cars tend to be FWD

While I do agree with you on the whole rediculous ricer thing, I know only a small part of imports are actually built well, if not built at all.

But there is no way you can convince me a 6 cylinder mustang owner can talk *****. I really dont mean this in a disrespectful way, as the mustang is both beautiful and fast, and sometimes you cant have both...ah nm...

I digress.

04SBGT said:
While I do agree with you on the whole rediculous ricer thing, I know only a small part of imports are actually built well, if not built at all.

But there is no way you can convince me a 6 cylinder mustang owner can talk *****. I really dont mean this in a disrespectful way, as the mustang is both beautiful and fast, and sometimes you cant have both...ah nm...

I digress.

There is always going to be someone faster, I dont care if you are talking about our V6s, if we are talking about their imports or if someone else is talking about your V8. But I do know there are a few V6s lurking on the boards and various others that will put plenty of V8s to shame.

atlblue2000 said:
There is always going to be someone faster, I dont care if you are talking about our V6s, if we are talking about their imports or if someone else is talking about your V8. But I do know there are a few V6s lurking on the boards and various others that will put plenty of V8s to shame.

So what you're telling me is that there are no domestic ricers? Spare me, I see enough of both and I think its fair to say both sides have plenty.

I never said anything about speed, the fact is, you call them ricers because 1) they have a small/fuel efficient motor that is slow and 2) have their own taste and style when it comes to cars.

From you're telling me, and others here on this site, V6 stangs are the rice of domestics. When it comes to looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder no matter who you are and what you drive.

04SBGT said:
So what you're telling me is that there are no domestic ricers?

I never said anything about speed

He said NOTHING about their being no domestic ricers, all he said is that he doesn care about how fast your V8 is, their will always be something faster... bought a new Ferrari Modena? sorry, but there are cars faster, such as the enzo... so is the Modena the rice of Ferrari? I think not...
(the arguement may be made that the Enzo and Modena are 2 very different cars, so feel free to replace Enzo with Challenge Stradale, which is basically a hopped up Modena)

You never said anything about speed?

04SBGT said:
The ironic thing here is your cracking on cars thats are prob 100% just as fast your car is stock...

Sorry marvin, why did i think that as yours, and, whos was it?

04SBGT said:
The ironic thing here is your cracking on cars thats are prob 100% just as fast your car is stock...LOL!

Wow. You're an idiot.
Have you ever driven a V6 Mustang and compared it to a Civic? :shrug:
Or did one of your ricer friends just tell you that our cars are as slow as theirs? :shrug:
Guess it's just that ignorant GT owner mentallity.

So what you're telling me is that there are no domestic ricers? Spare me, I see enough of both and I think its fair to say both sides have plenty.

Oh so you're talking about those GT's with Skyline GT-R badges I've seen running around here, aren't you? Or are you just referring to that idiot I saw that ruined a Bullitt with Altezzas?

I never said anything about speed, the fact is, you call them ricers because 1) they have a small/fuel efficient motor that is slow and 2) have their own taste and style when it comes to cars.

From you're telling me, and others here on this site, V6 stangs are the rice of domestics.

Once again,... ignorance! Our motors are FAR from being fuel efficient. :rlaugh:
As for having our own taste...look at the cars in this forum. Most look just like the cars in the 4.6 forum. So if we have our own bad taste, so do you.

The fact remains. RICE IS A LIFESTYLE!. Not a taste or preference for cars.
For instance, as much as I love Mustangs, I also know a lot about GM's, Mopars, and even imports. But if you ask a ricer to point out an Aston Martin DB5, or a Jaguar D-type, he'll just give you a blank stare and talk about how his future turbo swap will let him smoke those cars.
They're all posers. That's the difference. They don't care about cars. They're just trying to look cool.

By the way, 04SBGT. Just wanted to point something out in your sig. They never made a 40th Anniversary Edition Mustang in Sonic Blue. Only Crimson Red, black, and Oxford White(although I've still never seen a white one).

[QUOTE='66 coupe]By the way, 04SBGT. Just wanted to point something out in your sig. They never made a 40th Anniversary Edition Mustang in Sonic Blue. Only Crimson Red, black, and Oxford White(although I've still never seen a white one).[/QUOTE]
This is true, so its an 2004 Sonic Blue GT, without the package... personally the color is better than the black, white or red they have for the 40th aniv...

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Wow. You're an idiot.
Have you ever driven a V6 Mustang and compared it to a Civic? :shrug:
Or did one of your ricer friends just tell you that our cars are as slow as theirs? :shrug:
Guess it's just that ignorant GT owner mentallity.

Oh so you're talking about those GT's with Skyline GT-R badges I've seen running around here, aren't you? Or are you just referring to that idiot I saw that ruined a Bullitt with Altezzas?

Once again,... ignorance! Our motors are FAR from being fuel efficient. :rlaugh:
As for having our own taste...look at the cars in this forum. Most look just like the cars in the 4.6 forum. So if we have our own bad taste, so do you.

The fact remains. RICE IS A LIFESTYLE!. Not a taste or preference for cars.
For instance, as much as I love Mustangs, I also know a lot about GM's, Mopars, and even imports. But if you ask a ricer to point out an Aston Martin DB5, or a Jaguar D-type, he'll just give you a blank stare and talk about how his future turbo swap will let him smoke those cars.
They're all posers. That's the difference. They don't care about cars. They're just trying to look cool.[/QUOTE]

I guess it takes alot to ask someone to read something correctly. When I said they have small fuel efficient motors, I meant THE IMPORTS. But that's ok, I know you have reading comprehension problems. Ignorant GT mentality? Yeah ok, you're probably right. Continue with your bad selfs, V6 mustang owners. The fact remains, after owning 2 Honda's in my life, no matter how ugly their car is (read: riced out) a majority of Honda's are faster than your cars (read: Honda Prelude's, Integra's, Civic SI). You can make fun of their lifestyle, I dont blame you for that, but the fact of the matter remains, they make fun of your lifestyle too. In fact, I would make fun of a V6 owner before I would a ricer, but then again, if a car can move or not matters to me most.

To each his own, I wont bother arguing anymore. Domestics with rice? It happens. Imports with rice? It definately happens. Should one make fun of other, regardless? You guys can if you want, Im trying to back up the guys who have no one to argue for 'em. What it comes down to it, you guys ask for respect from GT owners etc., then you should give it to the imports as well.

And as for the 40th Ann. package, I added it myself, I guess that makes me a ricer.

04SBGT said:
The fact remains, after owning 2 Honda's in my life, no matter how ugly their car is (read: riced out) a majority of Honda's are faster than your cars (read: Honda Prelude's, Integra's, Civic SI).

I don't know what the hell you've been smoking, but Civic DX's outnumber SI's, Preludes, and Integras by a LARGE margin. Even so..., I still don't think you've ever driven a V6 Mustang. They are not slower than these cars.

You can make fun of their lifestyle, I dont blame you for that, but the fact of the matter remains, they make fun of your lifestyle too. In fact, I would make fun of a V6 owner before I would a ricer, but then again, if a car can move or not matters to me most.

I don't see how owning a V6 Mustang makes me less credible. I've got credentials to show that I am a part of this hobby. How many magazine covers do you have under your belt?
So go ahead and make fun of me because I drive a V6 to save on insurance. But I know that you're the kind of person that will be at the dealer with all the soccer moms the moment you Check Engine Light comes on.