slow, slow, slow

i haven't been around stangnet that long, but i have been around long enough to remember a time before all the crap ads. stangnet was much faster back then. i would think with all these fat cats tossing money at the site, that it should be able to keep up with other sites, as far as technology and user friendliness goes. i just don't get it...before no ads and fast, now ads that most despise, and slow as a tortoise.

seriously, more often than not, pages load as slow as dial up, even with a cable connection. the server is not run off a dial up connection is it? any hope this will be resolved anytime soon?

• Sponsors (?)

charlies said:
i haven't been around stangnet that long, but i have been around long enough to remember a time before all the crap ads. stangnet was much faster back then. i would think with all these fat cats tossing money at the site, that it should be able to keep up with other sites, as far as technology and user friendliness goes. i just don't get it...before no ads and fast, now ads that most despise, and slow as a tortoise.

seriously, more often than not, pages load as slow as dial up, even with a cable connection. the server is not run off a dial up connection is it? any hope this will be resolved anytime soon?

I haven't had any problem with this site.

charlies said:

Wake up in a bad mood this morning? All you've done is bag on stuff... :notnice:

i don't think it's the ads either. what i thought was that the income from the ads could help pay for good equipment and technicians. some sites have many more members, yet operate way, way, way faster. others have the similar membership, but no ads, and are much faster. we seem to have the worst of all scenerios.

all i'm saying is yank the six cylinder and put in a v-8. surely the money from the fat cats could help do that.