Smart Junction Box Or ?

ponyrde2010

Jun 16, 2005
Utah
Man do I love this car. I bought it in 06' when I lived in Colorado and it was great ! I put a few mods on it , just a cai and sct tune, and some lowering springs. It did beautifully until a couple years later when I moved to Vegas in about 09' and noticed after I had went to the brushless car wash that my locks and turn signals were going nuts and so I thought maybe it was part of the alarm system and it subsided. I also started having trouble on occasion with my gauges in the cold it seemed and my gas gauge would drop to empty on a full tank sometimes too. Ugh, anyways I got new gauges and that seemed fixed. I continued to have problems after a car wash where random :poo: would occur, my horn got stuck on, man that was embarrassing, and my stereo would go on by itself. I started to call her Christine ;)! I had another ride so I parked her in the garage. It seemed to dry out and I could drive it in dry weather, I had read about the sjb being bad, so I looked at the passenger floor board and it is not moldy or wet. I cleaned the grommet out. I called the Ford dealership here where I live and haha, they told me "just dont drive in the rain" and denied ever hearing of this problem...he was serious too, what a dick, are you fn kidding me. So She sits , mostly, only 70k on the odometer and I have had this car since '06. I recently decided that I would clean her up and put her Foose dubs back on, i looked for any holes near where the wires for the stereo/amp were installed and put some foam around them. My fluids and all are good, I have kept decent care of her, just not much driving. I took her to the car wash on Sat and carefully washed without spraying significant water around the hood, and so today I go to work, all is good, and then on the way home notice my oil light , brake warning light tcs are all on and my ac is not working. Come on, its 102 today , come home-...google, and then go out and take her around the block and all the warning lights are off and the ac works. I suppose it is my sjb but anything else I might check first? Could it be that aftermarket stereo? It seems like I had it installed in 09" right around same time as prob. I also have the gas tank problem that is a bitch to fill up. Ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I suppose it is my sjb but anything else I might check first? Could it be that aftermarket stereo? It seems like I had it installed in 09" right around same time as prob. I also have the gas tank problem that is a **** to fill up. Ideas?

1. SJB does sound like the most likely culprit.
2. Can't rule out the aftermarket stereo if it wasn't wired up correctly.
3. We all have the gas tank filling problem, and it seems to be OK at certain gas stations but not others.