Smog & Ac Delete

Jul 19, 2015
So im thinking of deleting my ac and smog, the easy way is obviously getting the pully kits for them, i would like to avoid spending 100$+ on that and just rerouting the belt. Iv seen plenty of route diagrams but they all seem to be for a fox body because my pully locations dont match up. So on a 94 gt, is there a way to bypass both pullys? Possibly with an underdrive kit (also thinking of getting), or what the best option is? Iv heard of tensioner relocation kits, would that be somthing that would allow for a complete bypass of both systems? Any insight on this would be helpful, i am swapping my intake soon so im wanting to do it all in one shot.

• Sponsors (?)

You are pissing into the wind for distance. The weight gains are negligible, and you will end up disappointing yourself on a hot day many years from now.

However, all you have to do is run the belt the opposite way around the water pump and crank pulley. Obviously with a shorter belt.

Kurt

Also. An intake swap with no other engime work is a waste of time and money. Heads, cam and intake with all the proper adjustments is a starting point. You will gain nothing with what you have typed so far.

I live in Chicago where the weather lets say doesn't get all that warm often lol .. I run a 825K6 which is an 82.5" 6 RIB belt with the AC removed and the smog pump removed. You will have to cap/weld shut the H/X Pipe's EGR tube stuff but that's trivial and not a huge deal. If anyone wants to buy all my AC lines/Pump you let me know it's all sitting in a box in my garage.

I do have other mods aside from the intake, full exhaust, short shifter, wide wheels, not big changes but im trying to do the small things before i get into heads cam ect. I dont expect to drop a second on my times but theres no reason not to amputate useless parts.
Staring blankly at it, i dont see a way to route it without them because of the tensioner, is it close clearance issues that im lookin at telln me it wont work?
You are ****ing into the wind for distance. The weight gains are negligible, and you will end up disappointing yourself on a hot day many years from now.

However, all you have to do is run the belt the opposite way around the water pump and crank pulley. Obviously with a shorter belt.

Kurt
I dont feel like running my water pump backwards is a good idea, ill have to do a little more research before i try that out

I'd listen to the guys posting above. Deleting A/C, Smog, underdrive pulleys, and an intake with nothing to back it up sounds like a quick and expensive trip to nowhere. You're removing comfort, legality, and functionality for absolutely no gains. These are all junk mods and aren't going to give you an ounce of improvement. In fact, I'm guessing you're going to have charging problems, overheating, and idle issues as a result. Don't waste your time, or waste it if you'd like. But you can retain just about all of these "useless parts" and the functionality they provide for free, and they're not going to get in the way of H-C-I or FI if that's where you're planning to go.

There is no functionality, ac doesnt work and egr is way out the window, its really more of cleaning up the engine bay, like i said im not guna call it a race car cuz its got a delete. It doesnt cost 20$ to remove unless i have to start buying pullys. How would i inherit charging or cooling issues? The belt isnt moving any slower or faster.
I totally understand what you guys are getting at but i believe theres more to making a fast car than just throwing heads and a cam on it. So if anyone has info on this redundant mod it would be appreciated

I just purchased a 94 gt with smog delete. The ac does not work so I have removed it all. Compressor, lines and all. Currently rebuilding motor. I have done some research on this already. I found only one or the other can be completely deleted with out doing what revhead347 said. I did purchase an ac delete bracket for it because of it. As far as I know those are yyour only options because of power steering pully location. I'm not sure if this is 100% correct but hope it helps. FYI. Removing all ac components did drop about 60 pounds off front of car.

Its all been pretty helpful, regardless if its what i want to here. So THANK YOU GUYS!
But 60lbs nice, as for the pullys, whats the quality of them? Iv heard they can be kind of chinsey or wobbly.
Unless i can route the belt in a different that maintains rotation direction i will probly get an ac pully (cheaper/more options) this is too miniscule of a chage to be tryin anything fancy

Its all been pretty helpful, regardless if its what i want to here. So THANK YOU GUYS!
But 60lbs nice, as for the pullys, whats the quality of them? Iv heard they can be kind of chinsey or wobbly.
Unless i can route the belt in a different that maintains rotation direction i will probly get an ac pully (cheaper/more options) this is too miniscule of a chage to be tryin anything fancy
I

I live in Chicago where the weather lets say doesn't get all that warm often lol .. I run a 825K6 which is an 82.5" 6 RIB belt with the AC removed and the smog pump removed. You will have to cap/weld shut the H/X Pipe's EGR tube stuff but that's trivial and not a huge deal. If anyone wants to buy all my AC lines/Pump you let me know it's all sitting in a box in my garage.

The quality doesn't look horable. I wwouldn'tsaybits greatthough. Will serve its purpose but i Ihave not used it yet. If i recall was like 40 bucks from Autozone. It comes with pully attached to a bracket that will completely replace your a c bracket and bolt to the alternator bracket exactly where the ac was.

How would i inherit charging or cooling issues? The belt isnt moving any slower or faster.
That was related to the underdrive pulleys you mentioned, definitely save your cash there.

This one seemed to have some pretty decent (though few) reviews: Ford Racing Mustang A/C Delete M-19216-A50 (94-95 5.0L) - Free Shipping

I wouldn't imagine these to be too difficult to manufacture right... it's really nothing more than a larger idler pulley with a custom bracket.

FYI, thinking about revhead's comment, if you're swapping around both the crank and water pump runs of the belt, you won't be reversing the water pump direction (it will still be rotating counter-clockwise). Here's a picture I found that shows what I mean.

The attachment's messed up somehow but hopefully you can squint. :)

Attachments

• 35528d1194203984-1994-mustang-5-0-need-belt-routing-diagram-belt-routing.jpg
    35528d1194203984-1994-mustang-5-0-need-belt-routing-diagram-belt-routing.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 257
  • 35528d1194203984-1994-mustang-5-0-need-belt-routing-diagram-belt-routing.jpg
    35528d1194203984-1994-mustang-5-0-need-belt-routing-diagram-belt-routing.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Ok i see whats going on there, that looks like the ticket right there. And i was thinking about making my own pully, cuz the aftermarkets look kind of plain around underdrive pullys (which i will dig a little deeper into) the main thing about it is finding a good bearing. Other than that its some lathe and mill work. Keeping in mind it has to have pretty specific placement.