Sn95 5.0 Engine Rebuild

Brian Berthold

Aug 25, 2013
Rockford,IL
hello all so my stang "got sick" shes at a mustang place getting the engine rebuilt being i have never had this done is there a place somewhere where i can see what all it would look like for my engine(pics or vids)?? the owner said the engine should be out by last wed and he would be sending pictures since i have never seen in an engine and all .... but no pics have come yet .. and i dont want to bother him as he might be busy was just wondering if somewhere there was such info hell i only knwo what the engine looks like in the car .. lol

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Here is my take. You are paying to have this done. You should be getting a complete, detailed, invoice of all the parts and labor for the engine. It is a little out of the ordinary to have a shop take pictures ... If all you are looking for is pics of an engine rebuild go to youtube and seach 302 engine rebuild. If you want pics of your engine, I'd ask if you could go to the shop and take pictuures

What is being done to the motor... stock rebuild or an upgrade?

wow just wow
pic of the Crank shaft
IMG_20160718_124859670.jpg

Couple of things

1. All that copper and other color on your cranks is your bearing material. It looks as if it has major ridges in it and at minimum needs to be checked and cut.
2. Any person who lays a crank down like that on it's side has no right to work on an engine. You NEVER lay a crank down on it's side
3. Any professional that lays parts on the ground is not a professional- especially in a pile with all dirt and other FM.
4. Where are your rods and bearings, pistons?

At a minimum, all the parts that will be reused need to be checked for
  • cracks- magnaflux
  • straightness
You could have bought a pre assembled reman short block from LMRS for around $1500 with a warranty.
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-6009E/79-95-Economy-50L-Mustang-Short-Block

What is this nutswinger charging you, and what parts is he putting in the short block?

Reactions: 2 users
cuz speed is nothing its a fully stock car and i want to keep it a fully stock car ... you never see a rat rod model T go for anything close to a pure model T
Probably shouldn't check out my threads then!:D

That's cool if you want to keep it stock though, nothing wrong with that. As far as that goes, their are concours guys out there that will obsess down to the smallest mark.

Model T's, btw, still aren't worth much. Use a sixties mustang in original condition, makes a better example.

Truthfully, what you want to do is probably a good idea.

I still will drop a coyote in my '83 t-top coupe though, some of us are beyond redemption.:confused:

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with Mike. I also hate to burst your bubble, but the whole stock for stock prices are only on cars with low miles, like under 50k and sn cars just aren't there yet. As far as resale a gt40 car will bring just as much if not more cash than a similar car with a stock top end. What kills a modded cars value is the guy that guts it, strips the heat and AC and then dumps a car that's only driveable a couple months out of the year.

Reactions: 4 users
Couple of things

1. All that copper and other color on your cranks is your bearing material. It looks as if it has major ridges in it and at minimum needs to be checked and cut.
2. Any person who lays a crank down like that on it's side has no right to work on an engine. You NEVER lay a crank down on it's side
3. Any professional that lays parts on the ground is not a professional- especially in a pile with all dirt and other FM.
4. Where are your rods and bearings, pistons?

At a minimum, all the parts that will be reused need to be checked for
  • cracks- magnaflux
  • straightness
You could have bought a pre assembled reman short block from LMRS for around $1500 with a warranty.
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-6009E/79-95-Economy-50L-Mustang-Short-Block

What is this nutswinger charging you, and what parts is he putting in the short block?

You didnt read anything posted before you posted here did you ;-) cuz i already gave a list on whats getting replaced ...
IMG_20160718_124912118.jpg
as for pistons pic its nothing special

if i wanted to up the HPP i would just drop a new 5.0 or buy a new stang but then i would have to kill myself cuz i think they new stangs suck

pops had a 09 GT500 and he traded it on on a 2013 GT ... and i drove said 2013 GT and it sucks balls i think ...

Ease up a little Brian, you're jumping on some very knowledgeable people that are good to have as friends.

Your wanting stock is fine, it's your car. To whom will you go to get information from when you want your stock mustang to run better.

Your car will have problems that will drive you crazy, most of the guys here have been through it before you though. They know what it takes to help you get through most issues you can run in to.

Relax, be one of the guys here. No since getting worked up.

Reactions: 1 users