Sn95 5.0 Engine Rebuild

• Sponsors (?)

yep i know dont have the $$ to by a reader as of right now next week il get it
an OBD1 reader is only 20$.... if you buy a 100$ OBD2 scanner there will be nowhere to plug it in at.

all you need is a paper clip to pull codes on your car, it will do the same thing the reader will. then you count the number of times the check engine light blinks....

@jrichker test procedure please sir.

ok so found a OBD 1 reader but when he plugs it in he says it powers up but doesnt connect to the car guy said migh be a fuse .. can someone tell me where said fuse would be and if that eve sounds right or was O'Reilly Auto Parts guy messing with me .. but he says he smells it being rich ..

On obd2 non connectivity is a fuse issue. There is no fuse between the diagnostic port and the ecu on our cars. If you aren't going into diagnostic mode there is an issue. Most likely with the tester having loose pins.

Reactions: 1 user
Put on the brakes.... Did I miss something?

When you had the engine rebuilt did the shop take out the engine? Rebuild entire motor? If i read your thread correctly then the answer to both of these is yes.

Answer this- have you taken car back to shop to address your issues? Is there a warranty?

If you haven't taken the care to him to see if he'll fix it under warranty then I would NOT try to self diagnostic test this yourself. Once you start messing with things you could void any warranty that may be on the motor.

Guys have tried to help you from the get go and you are going to piss people off by asking for advice and then ignoring it.

At least one has asked you if you have taken it back to the shop to get it looked at and I did not see the answer. Don't waste your money if they will fix it for free under warranty. It could be a simple timing issue for the distributor slipping.

Reactions: 1 users
Put on the brakes.... Did I miss something?

When you had the engine rebuilt did the shop take out the engine? Rebuild entire motor? If i read your thread correctly then the answer to both of these is yes.

Answer this- have you taken car back to shop to address your issues? Is there a warranty?

If you haven't taken the care to him to see if he'll fix it under warranty then I would NOT try to self diagnostic test this yourself. Once you start messing with things you could void any warranty that may be on the motor.

Guys have tried to help you from the get go and you are going to **** people off by asking for advice and then ignoring it.

At least one has asked you if you have taken it back to the shop to get it looked at and I did not see the answer. Don't waste your money if they will fix it for free under warranty. It could be a simple timing issue for the distributor slipping.
For reals....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
dont think any of the testing will work .. so take 2 went to a different place to have the read the codes .. same thing they also said check the fuse ... i told them what i read here that there isnt a fuse ... but there is we looked in my book the OBD cig lighter and lumbar is all on a 20/30 amp fuse OBD and cig lighter doesnt work but lumbar does ... so it looks liek i now have to take the car into ford to find the problem ...