Sn95 Parts On A 67

AustunXXI

Aug 6, 2014
I've searched and read up on doing a rack and pinion swap, along with doing the disc brake swap. Pretty much all I've found is either rebuild what's there or spend a small country's fortune on custom fabed parts. AJE has a k member for the fox rack for 320ish, but once you look at stuff for sn95 spindles it's a slight bump up to nearly 2k. I'm getting confused on what all is needed to swap all the steering and stopping bits from my 96 to my 67. I've searched and now I'm confused... has anyone done this setup or know how to?

• Sponsors (?)

You are opening a huge can of worms that could end up being very costly. The 67 spindles are rear steer and the SN95 spindles are front steer. Anything that is front steer will require a rear sump oil pan. Not sure how the struts can be made to fit without modifying the shock towers. AJE's set up looks pretty cool, but buy the whole kit not just the crossmember, they have done their R&D to reduce your headaches. I noticed that AJE recommends 94 to 04 spindles. I'd call their tech line because Ford changed the Tie rod location on 96 and newer Mustangs, which makes a huge change in the geometry. Total Control Products makes the best (IMO) rack and pinion kit that can utilize the stock spindles and suspension. Or you can buy their trick suspension too. There are lots of brake choices out there that will perform as well as SN95 brakes on stock spindles. I'd recommend rebuilding the stock suspension with good quality parts, do the Shelby drop on the upper control arms, variable rate springs, and good shocks, along with TCP's rack or the PS set up from Borgeson that replaces the original control valve and ram which is prone to leaks with an integrated power assisted steering box.