Sn95cat Delete

Pantera2013

Sep 29, 2015
Kansas
(Ik I already posted this once on another forum but I need the help and for others that want same cuz I'm there are) so listen up there are 4 cats on sn95 2 front and 2 back, I've heard that you can take back 2 off and the engine code won't show up for years and he has done it before and it worked but in the pics it looks like it was new pipes.But a friend mechanic told me that it will throw a code if you touch any of them front or back. Which statement is true and if mechanic friend is right then what kind of program will let me have the same gas efficiency as if the o2 sensors were still reading like should(ik you can get o2 dummies and engine light come off) but you will not have your engine timed and tuned properly enough to where u get good as gas as you did. Anyone know? And how much for the programmer?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, some people get away with it, some people do not. On the internet, everyone will talk about how they did this or that and had no problems. So it is best to err on the side of caution. With me, when I went to HF cats, I got a CEL directly related to the cats. So I threw some MIL elims in and it was ok. When I got the car tuned with a handheld tuner, I was able to remove the MILs because the tune can adjust for it. But I kept them just in case I ever have to take the tune off for whatever reason. Now I would not remove one set of the stock cats and keep the other. If anything, get yourself a new X-Pipe or H-Pipe with HF cats. I have a UPR HF catted X and it was like $200. Pipes, BBK, and others are also good. And then throw some MILs on there or get a handheld tuner and tune it out. You can get used tuners off Ebay and Craigslist for like $100-$150. I would go with Diablosport Predator, SCT, or Superchips. Do that and you're all set.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, some people get away with it, some people do not. On the internet, everyone will talk about how they did this or that and had no problems. So it is best to err on the side of caution. With me, when I went to HF cats, I got a CEL directly related to the cats. So I threw some MIL elims in and it was ok. When I got the car tuned with a handheld tuner, I was able to remove the MILs because the tune can adjust for it. But I kept them just in case I ever have to take the tune off for whatever reason. Now I would not remove one set of the stock cats and keep the other. If anything, get yourself a new X-Pipe or H-Pipe with HF cats. I have a UPR HF catted X and it was like $200. Pipes, BBK, and others are also good. And then throw some MILs on there or get a handheld tuner and tune it out. You can get used tuners off Ebay and Craigslist for like $100-$150. I would go with Diablosport Predator, SCT, or Superchips. Do that and you're all set.

Thanks I'll talk to my friend about it. See what he comes up with and I'll see if my other friends for a tuner for his old car and might be able to borrow it if it ain't attached to car?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 81
Im running rear cat delete with no issues. New downstream o2s and I'm golden. No tune as of yet, waiting for pi swap and comp cams.

sent while thinking of mods for my 4.6s using tapatalk

Before I sold my 2000 I returned the car back to stock tune so I could transfer the tuner to my 2010 and we drove the car untuned for a month or so and the car never did throw a rear o2 code. I had a off road mid with no cats and I thought for sure it would throw one. I even hooked up my scan tool to check for codes before the guy came to get it and there was none and we drove an accumulated 250 miles. On the flip side though back when I had my old 96' it would throw the code within the drive cycle was completed so it's hard to say. Best thing to do is buy mil eliminators if your low on cash or get a handheld and have the rear o2's turned off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I've got a UPR off road X with a straight thru muffler.....in Cali of all places. MIL elims are gold. Im not sure how stingers are. I run magnaflow. but its freaking loud. I cant talk on the phone. even with the top up.