So, Another Mustang Bites The Dust

• Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38176

My car has been down since February when I blew the oil pump during a pass at the track and spun a rod bearing. We've finally got around to tearing the motor down and it doesnt look good....at all. A rebuild would be costly but I caught a break........

Managed to find a guy selling this for $2500 (without blower/intake)

11139598_988476694509322_568773455_n.jpg

Runs perfectly fine. Originally wanted $3K but I was able to talk him down to $2500. I guess Im not going to be a 2V guy anymore :(

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty sweet deal! Yea it seems a lot of us are having some problems this year, lol! WTF man?! So what are your plans with the Termi long block? Throwing a PD on it? Centri with an intake manifold adaption?

You should def swap the ECU. 4V engines have IMRC plates and knock sensors that the ECU control and monitor. You could delete the IMRC plates like some do. And you could also remove the knock sensors. But it might be easier to just get a 4V ECU. I personally would not feel comfortable using a 2V ECU on that set-up even if it was tuned.

WTF? Its like Ford programmed these cars to, in whatever way possible, self destruct in 2015, regardless of the mods applied. Nice catch on the 4V though. Good luck with it. Never mind exhaust manifolds. Slap headers to it while you got it out.

Reactions: 1 user
You should def swap the ECU. 4V engines have IMRC plates and knock sensors that the ECU control and monitor. You could delete the IMRC plates like some do. And you could also remove the knock sensors. But it might be easier to just get a 4V ECU. I personally would not feel comfortable using a 2V ECU on that set-up even if it was tuned.

Im pretty sure only the 96-98 Cobras had the IMRC's......but the 4V ECU is a good idea

OK , I'm new to this modular stuff so don't be hard on me. I was reading some of your posts and I have a 97 gt with the 4.6 2v , I plan on rebuilding over the winter on a budget. I'm going to use my block with 98 cobra rods and crank and induction system from the cobra with long tube headers. What do you think? What else do I need to do? I appreciate any knowledge you guys can give me. I have a 70 mach 1 with a Cleveland in it. It's a totally different animal.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk