So gas is gonna drop to $1.15 next year?

• Sponsors (?)

Puh-leeeeez! Even if it DID drop that low, you don't honestly believe it'll STAY that way very long before they find some other excuse to jack the prices through the roof again? Maybe the oil execs have it in with the car companies, lowering gas prices so people will do just like others have posted above: go out and buy gas-guzzling trucks and SUV's (which are pure profit for most automakers), and once they've raked in their share, another Hurricane Katrina or Iran crisis comes along and BAM! We're looking at $3.17+/gallon yet again, or worse.

Have we learned nothing from the past two gas price explosions (in the 70's and then the past year or so)?

Darkwriter77 said:
Puh-leeeeez! Even if it DID drop that low, you don't honestly believe it'll STAY that way very long before they find some other excuse to jack the prices through the roof again? Maybe the oil execs have it in with the car companies, lowering gas prices so people will do just like others have posted above: go out and buy gas-guzzling trucks and SUV's (which are pure profit for most automakers), and once they've raked in their share, another Hurricane Katrina or Iran crisis comes along and BAM! We're looking at $3.17+/gallon yet again, or worse.

Have we learned nothing from the past two gas price explosions (in the 70's and then the past year or so)?

thanks a lot Debbie Downer:(
(if gas drops to $1.15 a gallon I'll be putting like 5000 miles on my car every week)

Maybe the oil execs have it in with the car companies, lowering gas prices so people will do just like others have posted above: go out and buy gas-guzzling trucks and SUV's Darkwriter77

I think you hit it dead on. If prices do drop it nothing but profit for both companys. Car sales would be the best they have been in ten years, Maybe this is what GM needs to stay a float.:lol:

I think it will get lower, but not near 1.15.

Kinda think its been the plan all along.

Raise prices to a super high amount, keep em there a while till we get used to paying them.

Drop them down a bit to a point that's significantly lower than the highest point, but still notably higher than it was when prices 1st started rising.

That way we are happy its not as high as it was and arent complaining so much it attracts govt attention in the upcoming election years, and the oil companies are still making more profit in the end.

I'm going to have to agree with darkwriter, gas will go down and then up.
I personally would never lock myself into anything that gets less than 25 possibly even 30 mpg ever again.

Having 3 vehicles that all get under 20mpg sucks. Who would of thought that i had to drive the mustang to save gas.

This gas price increase is something i'll never forget.

2000xp8 said:
I'm going to have to agree with darkwriter, gas will go down and then up.
I personally would never lock myself into anything that gets less than 25 possibly even 30 mpg ever again.

Having 3 vehicles that all get under 20mpg sucks. Who would of thought that i had to drive the mustang to save gas.

This gas price increase is something i'll never forget.

Agreed... my Girlfriends Grandfather is a oil trader. Companies come to him to make a deal, he makes the deals for the companies and we have been talking about this artical in particular. He said crude went from 80 bucks a barrel down to 60 in a month. That is a pretty steep drop, and opec will most likly cut production to bring the price back up..

He also said that in order to get down to like 1.15 a gallon, crude would have to be like 20 bucks a barrel. he said the days of 1.15 gas are over lol.. so we'll see how true it turns out?