So this is what it would look like if everyone drove the speed limit

• Sponsors (?)

5.0StangRacer said:
soooo did they just do that for the hell of it...or are they actually trying to get the law changed, or just bitchin about it

It was done for Campus Movie Fest. Apparently (I don't know any of them or go to there school, I go to the school across the street from their dorms which is several blocks from their actual campus...i know that sounds like 6 degrees of seperation or something but that's how they are over there at GSU) the one guy had been getting tickets for essentially driving with the flow of traffic in this area (I've driven it and can attest that it averages 75 through there...75 EASILY...I've been passed while going 85 through there if that tells you anything.) So he had been thinking of a way to show how stupid the 55 mph speed limit on the perimeter is. Mix that with his participating in CMF and this is what you get. CMF is a movie festival where college students do short films like this.

propellerhead said:
That's funny. I expected a more dramatic ending though.
What do you mean? That twangy 70's funk riff at the end was the ****zle fo rizzle
pimp.gif

i thought it was pretty cool ..i hate double standards when it comes to the law and stuff..not that this is really a double standard..but people have to choose between doing things 2 different ways...and actually obeying the law is only the right way..but society in general would not want to change what they are used too..breaking the law ..me included..but dont ticket me and then not the other guy or lady.

There is a section of the 5 here just north of Santa Clarita that the heavy rains took out over a year ago. They've been working on it, so its a contruction area. On the side of the freeway(southbound) that stays four lanes and goes straight, they cut the speed limit down to 45. Keep in mind the limit is 10 higher than in that video(65). On the northbound side where it necks down to three lanes and weaves all over the place to avoid the construction, its still 65. How much sense does that make?

Answer: plenty. Average speed through the 45 zone is 70-75. 30 over the limit in a construction zone is a HUGE ticket and the CHPs love writing them.