So who knows their mustang's birthday?

65shlbycln

Founding Member
Aug 24, 2002
Atlanta
My Caroline turns 40 at the end of this month! She was made on May 27th.

Does anyone else know when their car was made?

Better yet, does anyone have a car with the same birthday as you? :nice:

Who has the oldest car? Youngest car? (pre-'74 of course)

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

January 20, 1968 then sat on the dealer's lot until December 31, 1968 when it was apparently sold as a left-over since the '69's had been out for months and mine's a '68. Wanna hear something spooky? I thought my car had been sold new to the 93 year old lady I bought it from, but it hadn't. I was cleaning the car out a few months ago and started leafing through the owner's manual. On the inside I found the name of the dealership in the SF bay area that sold it new, the salesman's name, and the name of the original owner. The last name was a bit unusual, and was also the name of a good friend. So being curious, I called to see if he was related. The car was orignally purchased by my friend's brother, who now lives in Santa Rosa. He bought the car new, kept it for a few months, couldn't make the payments and traded it in to a dealer near where I live (about 5 hrs north of SF) for a used pickup. The elderly lady bought it, less than a year old (she was in her 60's by then) since it was cheap and clean and used it daily. Small world.

65shlbycln - I think your car is actually going to be 39, not 40. They weren't building fastbacks yet in May of 64.

Mine hits 40 on November 15 of this year, and it's "fairly" early for 65FB production.

zookeeper said:
. . . I found the name of the dealership in the SF bay area that sold it new, the salesman's name, and the name of the original owner. The last name was a bit unusual, and was also the name of a good friend. So being curious, I called to see if he was related. The car was orignally purchased by my friend's brother, who now lives in Santa Rosa. . .

That's pretty cool. The guy I bought Sadie from owned her twice.

-Chelle

Unfortunately I haven't done much recently. Mom & I have been remodeling the house and building a pond. But we're almost done with the pond so I should be able to start getting some stuff done on Sadie soon.

-Chelle