Sold my 73 Fastback today!

Well, a bittersweet day and end to a long weekend. I took my 73 Fastback to Pomona this morning and sold it. The car was awesome to look at and drive--always getting thumbs up and waves from other people on the road. :nice: But, now I have room to get back to work on my '69 restoration. And I have a wad of cash. I have never seen anyone carry nearly $20K in cash before, and I didn't ask where he got it from! (He was almost my dad's age, so I don't think it is drug money.) :( :) :D
pics if interested at: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/mustangdave/1973Stang.html

I almost bought another car while I was there. A guy had a rust free, complete, straight 73 Couger with a 351C, 2V, AC, AT, PS, etc. for $500, yes $500. My wife would have killed me.... :p

• Sponsors (?)

$500? $500??? For rust-free and straight? OWWWWWWWWW Every time I dig around in my $1481 (what NoKitten owed on the new clutch for his '99 Cougar) 1973 XR-7; I find yet more Colorado snow-damage! Oh well, the shortblock work has been done, and the brakes (brake work mostly by Cowgirl Tink); so there's that.

At least please tell me it didn't run or something...........

Oh yeah, I bet it was hard to see your Stang go; but it sounds like the guy is serious - if he's gonna drop almost $20k on a Big Mustang, you can bet he's gonna take care of her :nice:

I actually did click on your thread because I thought it was too bad you had to let your Baby go; but then you got me with that $500 Cougar :rolleyes:

Oh, yes; the dreaded "Bad Fuel Pump Diaphragm Disease". I looked at your webpage (outstanding clone, BTW); don't tell me your Cleveland didn't succumb to that at one time or another. I put three new pumps on my Gran Torino; never could figure out why they would go out. As far as I can recall, the only time since 1985 that I've had to replace a mechanical fuel pump was on this Cougar when it still belonged to NK. Had two trucks (one F100/2 diff FE blocks, one Chevy C-30/350SBC), and one car (73LTD with a Windsor) with mech pumps; no troubles ever. Same with multiple FI vehicles - never had to pull a tank to change a pump.

Always the Cleveland rigs. :shrug: