breakemlose

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2002
Mexico
Car has twin turbos
Spark plug blew the other night pictures here

attachment.php

Well it blew going 150mph...
I am wondering how doy ou get the piece out? Is it a worry?
Most likely did i cause damage?
a chunk of the ceramic crap is missing on one of the plugs..

• Sponsors (?)

WOuld be a good idea to pull the head, but if you where going 150 when it came apart then the piece is probably already gone, either it disentergrated, or you now have the rare "ventilated" pistons.

gopher_6_9 said:
WOuld be a good idea to pull the head, but if you where going 150 when it came apart then the piece is probably already gone, either it disentergrated, or you now have the rare "ventilated" pistons.

i had some of those before. they sucked and totally did not run good. actually it melted them. they was melted metal flakes baked on the exhaust port and manifold. that was an 82 ford 302. don't ever turn the key off while rolling and pump it full of gas to blow flames. or at least not like i did. i did it all the time but at the time of that i was just driving with 2 others the night of my grampas viewing. it was 11 pm on aroad in the woods that had no phone signal. anyway it started going a little slower, i thought it was because of the hill i was going up. i was going 75 but it kept slowing down so i had to put it in 2 and it went for maybe a 1/4 mile or less probably, then i shifted into 1st and looked behind me because i smelled something. there was smoke everywhere. it kept bogging down so i just parked it and saw an orange glow through the crack between the hood and wiper cowl. it was flames. i was like dude get out . i popped the hood and my friend put out the engine fire. i don't know how it did it but i know my friend spilled oil all on the motor that day so that was the fuel. and also i dropped a valve in a 91 grand am 4 banger. it was sucky. i hate pontiac