Special Clips On Fuel Filter Line 01 V6

teardropty

Aug 27, 2014
I recently went to change out the fuel filter in my 01 V6 Stang. After using the special tool to disconnect the filter, I went to put the new filter in but noticed a problem. There are two safety clips, one on each end of the fuel filter. I am missing one. I thought, no biggie, I will stop down at the parts store and buy a spare. NO one has them, including Ford dealers. It has been described as a metal "butterfly" clip. All the plastic clips are too big. The Ford clips that are semi-circular with fingers don't work. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so, does anyone know where to get new clips? Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any junk yards local to me (within 100 miles) that have any Stangs of my era. The local LKQ-type place did have 2 but they already cut the fuel tank and filter out as per their policy. If you or someone could come up with one and mail it I would make it worth their while. The car is sitting in the shop until I find a clip. Can't risk having a fuel filter disconnect while driving. If you can help, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any junk yards local to me (within 100 miles) that have any Stangs of my era. The local LKQ-type place did have 2 but they already cut the fuel tank and filter out as per their policy. If you or someone could come up with one and mail it I would make it worth their while. The car is sitting in the shop until I find a clip. Can't risk having a fuel filter disconnect while driving. If you can help, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Message me your address and I'll be happy to run out and snag a set for you!

Are these the clips you are looking for?

IMG_20140829_115956_210.jpg

If so, then we are in business as I mailed them out today! Unfortunately, due to the holiday you won't prolly see them until mid-week next week.

Best of Luck!