Spring Perch Advice

Hi everyone ... I haven't been on here for ages, but need a little advice. I renewed the spring perches around 10 years ago and when the car has been in for a major rebuild these were removed with the rest of the suspension but when I replaced them , the rubber pads which the coil spring seats on were either perished, detached, or missing and I have assembled the suspension without these pads. My question is are they completely necessary as I can't seem them listed separately anywhere ... do I need to buy new perches?
Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I'll wager that you'll be able to get away without them as long as your axle is located correctly. To the best of my knowledge, the rubber isolators (which is all that I understand you to be missing?) are basically there for ride quality and noise cancellation. They probably help with the shock of the torque of the engine when taking off as well. But, if it were me, I'd try to find them anyway to eliminate the metal on metal aspect between the 2 moving parts of the suspension. They might be beneficial toward the longevity of the more major components. Here is a link to some replacement isolators if you choose to get them.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/whitelin...73/p/HW3294/?gclid=CKmZrY2Y_8oCFdgJgQodsJ0EJw

I'll wager that you'll be able to get away without them as long as your axle is located correctly. To the best of my knowledge, the rubber isolators (which is all that I understand you to be missing?) are basically there for ride quality and noise cancellation. They probably help with the shock of the torque of the engine when taking off as well. But, if it were me, I'd try to find them anyway to eliminate the metal on metal aspect between the 2 moving parts of the suspension. They might be beneficial toward the longevity of the more major components. Here is a link to some replacement isolators if you choose to get them.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/whitelin...73/p/HW3294/?gclid=CKmZrY2Y_8oCFdgJgQodsJ0EJw

Hi there

Thanks for the reply ... the spring perches I am referring to are on the front suspension .. where the bottom of the coil springs rest. Sorry if I didn't make that too clear in my post.

Oh, I thought you meant the rear leafs! So, I'd not worry about the isolators in the front. I ran both our 84 vert and my II with them removed. I haven't noticed anything bad about it at all. You might hear a squeak, but then again you might not. I'd say your fine!!