Ontario, Canada
I saw these on a sick sick vert on cardomain.com
174711_154_full.jpg

Got this from their site...
Mustang V6 79-up <Part# 2100>
Drop Front/Rear
2.00/2.00

$345.00

I'm picking up my car friday and am gonna be buying rims/springs/struts with in a week or so, and I need to get as much feedback as possible.

- Sprint or Eibach Sportlines
- 19" Gunmetals
- Tires... still unsure... :shrug:
- Either Konis, Tokicos, or Billsteins.. still not sure yet :shrug:

any help is greatly appreciated

KMan

• Sponsors (?)

well i have not had much experience with sprint springs, i would stay away from them, i would go with H&R springs at www.maximummotorsports.com for a 1.5 drop, if you only want 1.2 inches FMS C springs are the only way to go if you like saving a ton of money and getting the same spring that would cost you 250 else where.

i would also go with bilstiens they are simply the best, if you cant afford them tokico's from a mach 1 are alot cheaper.

19s are to much on a mustang 18s would be my limit but thats my personal taste, to figure out what tire you need you should do some math to figure out the over all diamter of the rim and tire and get a tire that will keep you in that area.

every inch is 24.5 mm so take 17 * 24.5 and that show many mm a stock gt rim is, then add in the side wll of the tire, 245 * .45, add thsoe two together and that should be the over all height you are going to need to get, you can take a tape measure and get an estimate to compare, just mesaure from ground (even ground) to the top of the tire, and multiply that by 24.5 to see if you came close to compare.

take your rim size * 24.5 and then take a tire you are looking at, multiply the width (245/45/17 width is the 245) with the middle number ( the /45 ) * 100, so the /45 becomes .45, the second number is the size of the side wall, the number a percent of the width, on a 245/45/17, the side wall is 45% of the width.

my brain hurts :crazy: LOL

Thanks for the detailed response!
Profile is going to be about 35 Max. Width probably 265 front 285 rear.

19s are the goal as everyone and their mother seem to have 18s, and I like being different but who knows I might be stuck with 18s *sigh* :(

The car will not be built for track use, just as a daily driver "showoff" car LOL.
And having been used to Eibach sportlines on my previous ride, I'm well aclimatized to a rough ride, I'd just feel better if it was on 19 inches. haha.

Any other opinions folks?

Thanx
Kurmit