Squealing Brake Issues!!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the forum, Stan Garrett!! What happened during your dealer visit?

Deysha
Hi, Desha, I have a same problem with My EB 2015. I brought to the dealership Service and they did not do anything. And Mine mustang is still squealing from the brake. Please help me out. I am extremely disappointed with Ford. I am working in the Automobile Maker Industries and the Service guy's comment is unreal. "It is very common". Who makes cars likes this "Squealing is common" on the New Car. I never heard of it before. I loved the Mustang but this not right. My email address is [email protected] . and VIN is 1FA6P8TH4F5346852.

Hi, Desha, I have a same problem with My EB 2015. I brought to the dealership Service and they did not do anything. And Mine mustang is still squealing from the brake. Please help me out. I am extremely disappointed with Ford. I am working in the Automobile Maker Industries and the Service guy's comment is unreal. "It is very common". Who makes cars likes this "Squealing is common" on the New Car. I never heard of it before. I loved the Mustang but this not right.
Hello Min Kim,

Let’s get this escalated for you. Please PM me with your dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for your area.

@FordCustSrvc please see above, Thank You!!
Thanks for the tag, 84Ttop!

Deysha

I came looking to see if others had this problem and i am glad i did. I am scheduled to go in Monday to get my car looked at AGAIN for the squealing brake issues as well as finally getting in for the recall that has taken them TWO months (or more) to get the parts for. They had told me they would call me as soon as the parts came in, but of course they did not. I had to call them and was ready to throw a fit as another dealer had told me it shouldn't have taken more than 5 days for them to get the parts. Anyway, i was told too, that the squealing brakes are normal. It is NOT normal, and i too am embarrassed to drive my 40K car that sounds like a junker when pressing the brakes. It only does it when fresh out of the gate, so to speak. First thing in the morning, i slow roll out of my driveway (backed in) so as not to freak out all of my neighbors, and again when leaving work 10 hrs later. Anyway, when i saw the TSB info, I called my dealer back to give them the info and I really don't think they took me seriously, as he somewhat laughed at me. I will be pissed if I go in Monday and they don't fix the issue. I've taken it down there twice already only to be told it was perfectly normal. I HATE being treated like a stupid female and this is how i am feeling about it right now. The dealership was great when i bought the car, but if they continue to treat me like this, i will be going elsewhere for my maintenance needs.

After the repair was done according to the service bulletin there has been no further issue with the squealing brakes. I am very glad I contacted the complaint line as the local dealership here wouldn't listen until I gave them the bulletin info and then would not look it up while I was there- his sandwich was more important than my time or problem. I love Fords, pretty much all I have driven since 1980, and I am planning to buy a 2017 Raptor but not sure if I will because I don't trust the local dealer and will hate traveling 100 miles to go to another dealer. May just have to buy an old bronco 67-74 and build what I want.

Reactions: 1 user
My breaks let out a very interest squawk the other day when I was pulling into my driveway and the wheel almost full lock the sound actually startled me. Other than that one instance though I haven't heard them make a peep. I know my brakes are well seated though lol.

Hello Min Kim,

Let’s get this escalated for you. Please PM me with your dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for your area.

Thanks for the tag, 84Ttop!

Deysha
the Squealing problem has not been resolved and your customer service has closed my case. The dealership could not find anything wrong with my break. However, it is still happening, I am so disappointed on Ford. I will never recommend Ford again.

I have had my 2015 Premium Eco Boost since January now, and it has somewhere around 5000k on it now. I thought the squealing brake issue would go away on it's own, but alas it is still around. It only does it on soft breaking scenarios, but it is REALLY loud. I took it to the dealer to take a look at it but they said that everything was good and gave it a clean and sent me on my way. STILL SQUEAKS!!!! Anyone know a remedy for this?? Thanks
Ford will replace the discs and pads pur TSB 15-0030 which my dealer says came out only a few weeks ago. This is NOT a recall. You will need to complain about the squealing to the dealer to get the repair. Apparently this repair either greatly reduces the noise or completely eliminates the noise from what I read online. I understand the repair takes about a half a day. I plan on having the repair done very soon.

the Squealing problem has not been resolved and your customer service has closed my case. The dealership could not find anything wrong with my break. However, it is still happening, I am so disappointed on Ford. I will never recommend Ford again.
Thank you for the update, Min Kim! You are always welcomed to get a second opinion at any other Ford Dealer. I’ll get back to your PM soon.

Deysha

I have had my 2015 Premium Eco Boost since January now, and it has somewhere around 5000k on it now. I thought the squealing brake issue would go away on it's own, but alas it is still around. It only does it on soft breaking scenarios, but it is REALLY loud. I took it to the dealer to take a look at it but they said that everything was good and gave it a clean and sent me on my way. STILL SQUEAKS!!!! Anyone know a remedy for this?? Thanks
Ya man gotta take it back to the dealer they got me new rotors and everything it wasn't a recall but a lot of 2015s had this issue! Including mine. This is something your local ford has to take care of. The squeek happens going very slow

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one running into this issue. My 2015 GT with Performance Package currently has 7,000 miles on it and the sequel coming from the brakes is embarrassing. I will be talking the car into the local dealership next week. Should I specify TSB 15-0030 so they will take action? I am afraid if I just go in and say the brakes are squealing they will just check them and send me on my way like everyone else. Sounds like it requires Deysha (Customer Service) to get involved to get any traction on repairing an issue that is widespread.

Thanks for you input,
Dan C.

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one running into this issue. My 2015 GT with Performance Package currently has 7,000 miles on it and the sequel coming from the brakes is embarrassing. I will be talking the car into the local dealership next week. Should I specify TSB 15-0030 so they will take action? I am afraid if I just go in and say the brakes are squealing they will just check them and send me on my way like everyone else. Sounds like it requires Deysha (Customer Service) to get involved to get any traction on repairing an issue that is widespread.

Thanks for you input,
Dan C.
I was just as frustrated as you were Dan. I would definitely mention the TSB to the dealership so that they have something to reference. If you run into any issues beyond that I would log a complaint directly with Ford. Deysha has been very active on this thread and will likely reach out to you to help get this taken care of though. I am glad this thread has helped so many people get rid of the VERY embarrassing issue. Please give an update when you take it in to the dealership.

Thanks

I was just as frustrated as you were Dan. I would definitely mention the TSB to the dealership so that they have something to reference. If you run into any issues beyond that I would log a complaint directly with Ford. Deysha has been very active on this thread and will likely reach out to you to help get this taken care of though. I am glad this thread has helped so many people get rid of the VERY embarrassing issue. Please give an update when you take it in to the dealership.

Thanks

I spoke to the Service manager at my local Ford Dealership and they specified that my VIN does not classify the vehicle for repair under TSB 15-0030, even though my car meets all the criteria of the TSB. (5.0L with Performance Package - Built on or before 2/11/2015) I have an appointment setup this week to fix the squealing brakes, so I wonder how they are going to proceed.

I have a 2016 GT performance package and my brakes are making a lot of noise. I have taken it to two separate dealerships, the first one drove my car and said there was no noise, as I left it made the noise, then I took it back at a later date and they had my car for 4 hours and said there was still no noise. I also had to contact them to get find out they weren't going to do anything with my car and I could pick it up. Both times this dealership had my car they didn't even take the wheels off to look at the brakes and said they didn't want to start doing thag if they didn't know what the problem was. The second dealership said they couldn't replicate the noise and gave it a clean bill of health after taking the wheels off and looking at the brakes. This is extremely frustrating as the car only has 3000 miles on it

Reactions: 1 user
My '15 GT Premium was doing the same. Rountree Ford in Shreveport found a TSB & replaced my front rotors & pads. Fixed the problem for a couple months, but it is returning occasionally.

If its a squeek when braking theres a little grain or dirt or something between rotor and pads. My car did that for months and my pops told me thats what it was. I grabbed the garden hose and sprayed the hell out of the caliper where the pad meets rotor Vuala quiet.

That’s great, Gabe Martinez! You’re very welcome, and thank you for the update.

I’ve heard there is one as well, 84Ttop. A TSB is a repair procedure sent to our dealers in case someone comes in with a specific concern, so I don’t get a list of them. Anyone experiencing the concern will have to go into their dealership and get it checked out. With the diagnosis, their dealer can look up any TSBs, SSMs, recalls, or customer satisfaction programs that may apply to their vehicle.

Deysha

Is this topic still open? I'm having the exact same issues and am hoping for a similar repair. Dealership says everything is fine, but it isn't fine...