Stalling Issue

Ben57768

Nov 23, 2016
hey guys and gals i have a problem. my 06 mustang v6 base 5 speed manual trans has a bad stalling issue. ill be slowing down and coming to a stop with the car out of gear and the rpms will drop below 500 and it will stall out. it fires right up and i can drive it, today it started revving by its self, 2800 rpm. i pulled over and checked it out and i found nothing, no warning lights, no limp mode nothing. just did an oil change on it about 200 miles ago, my alternator could be the cause, im looking into it but im not sure. the car has 145,250 miles on it. i really dont know why its starting this all of the sudden, it hasnt been doing it long, i think i first started noticing problems about 140,000 miles or so ,come to think of it my lights have been flickering somewhat, i do notice when the alternator kicks in. but its still working . any ideas? please feel free to let me know, i really cant afford another car right now im stuck with what i got. Have a GREAT THANKSGIVING please advise soon

• Sponsors (?)

or ill be at a stop light and the rpm will want to drop to 500 or lower and it will stall, so i have to use my foot to feather it and brake as well as release the clutch at the same time.