Stangnet '69 Fastback buildup

C.Harris

Da Boss
Founding Member
Dec 20, 1998
MRaburn and I went out and bought 2 '69 Mustang bodies yesterday. One, a parts car, the other a very solid fastback that has already been sandblasted and primered. We'll do a buildup story of the car here on Stangnet. We will be going the restomod route, of course :D

Thought I'd give you guys the heads up first. Stay tuned....

• Sponsors (?)

65stanger: Pictures will be plentiful.

Oboe & Blake: Mike's '67 fastback still sits in the shop awaiting its restoration and 428 engine package. Mike is hoping to have the car driveable by late summer, early fall.

bnickel: Neither of us own a '70, but I do own a '71. :nice:

CHarris said:
65stanger: Pictures will be plentiful.

Oboe & Blake: Mike's '67 fastback still sits in the shop awaiting its restoration and 428 engine package. Mike is hoping to have the car driveable by late summer, early fall.

bnickel: Neither of us own a '70, but I do own a '71. :nice:

Harris, you have only one requirement for this car. Since you came in here a week or two ago saying the very few muscle cars have any bite in the performance department I think you are required to put that "Cammer" engine in the car. :D That engine pushes out about 500hp if I remember correctly, that should probably be sufficient.

How about some before pictures, can we get any of those?

Monk302: I'll post a few pics soon of the car as it sits (currently under a tree) as we are awaiting a flatbed to get it here to us.

No worries about about whether or not it will have enough power for motorvation. I have always thought it fitting for a classic to be packing a punch. My earlier post you spoke of made comment to the fact I would like to see more mean machine classics around town.......so I guess it's up to us to start the trend:D

While the 5.0 Cammer would create an cool awe factor, getting our hands on one might be difficult. I think a built up (maybe stroked) pushrod engine would be the better call....but hey nothing is concrete yet.

65shlbycln: We expect to upgrade the brakes and have an eye-catching wheel and tire package fitting to the Mustang (translation: no MTV Pimp my Ride wheels :p )

CHarris said:
Monk302: I'll post a few pics soon of the car as it sits (currently under a tree) as we are awaiting a flatbed to get it here to us.

No worries about about whether or not it will have enough power for motorvation. I have always thought it fitting for a classic to be packing a punch. My earlier post you spoke of made comment to the fact I would like to see more mean machine classics around town.......so I guess it's up to us to start the trend:D

While the 5.0 Cammer would create an cool awe factor, getting our hands on one might be difficult. I think a built up (maybe stroked) pushrod engine would be the better call....but hey nothing is concrete yet.

I could only imagine that the Cammer would be very expensive, isn't the block aluminum? Another aspect I am curious about is how you are going to put the car together. Are you going to go the restomod route with fuel injection with say a 6 speed trans or were you planning of putting in more of an era matching setup with a carbed engine and 4 speed.

Anyway, good to see you guys are putting together such a project, it should be fun to watch it progress

Pakrat said:
Sounds fun, but I was going to question about the 67' also. I remember us being teased with that as soon as the orange fox body car was sold, and as you say, it still sits there (or at least has since the shiney new bullitt came along) so I am going to refrain from getting myself too excited about this new project until I see some progress. :rolleyes:

:lol: In Mike's defense he had some real big intentions with the '67 when he first made that purchase and I give him hell all the time about it collecting dust :p But the fastback is his personal venture, whereas the '69 is a joint effort between he and I and I gotta admit I'm not very patient when I have a new toy to tinker with :D

CHarris said:
:lol: In Mike's defense he had some real big intentions with the '67 when he first made that purchase and I give him hell all the time about it collecting dust :p But the fastback is his personal venture, whereas the '69 is a joint effort between he and I and I gotta admit I'm not very patient when I have a new toy to tinker with :D

Heh, I hear ya. I even remember thinking that once the Bullitt phenomena wore down that he was going to re-announce it, but then of course came Mach 1 racers and well, you know. But all right then, since you are personally involved, I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt. ;) I obviously can't wait to see what you guys cook up and what I can maybe translate over to my own 69' of course. :nice:

Pakrat said:
Heh, I hear ya. I even remember thinking that once the Bullitt phenomena wore down that he was going to re-announce it, but then of course came Mach 1 racers and well, you know. But all right then, since you are personally involved, I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt. ;) I obviously can't wait to see what you guys cook up and what I can maybe translate over to my own 69' of course. :nice:

Who ya kiddin? You won't mollest the 69 vert.