Steeds Vs Bama

Hawkhockey88

Jul 26, 2016
I have an 98 gt auto. I want to get a tuner but don't know wether to go with bama or steeda. I want an aggressive tune but also something safe and reliable. I have heard of problems with bama being to aggressive and haven't heard bad about steeda except they are more conservative. Which would you choose?

• Sponsors (?)

What mods do you have, honestly a tune won't do chit for a mildly modded '98. With MHS stage 2 n/a cams, pi intake, full exhaust, UDPs I put down 237 rwhp and 290 twtq on a dyno dynamics after the tune. Before the tune it was 225 rwhp. So basically I picked up 12 rwhp from a dyno tune with lots of mods. No way a canned tune from either beats a dyno tune. There are better ways to spend your money. Suspension mods will do a lot more as will gears.

You may be right, I've very little experience with autos, mine had the t45. That said, aren't there some shift kits you can install for much less than the tuner?

I bought the SCT X4 handheld from Steeda this past spring with an 87 and 93 tune for my 04 auto. As far as actual HP or TQ gained, I don't know how much it really is. However, the shift points and throttle response are worth it in and of themselves IMO. I recently had to return to the stock tune because of some exhaust / emissions issues I am having and the difference is so noticeable. I run the 87 most of the time and have no regrets on the investment. I researched both companies thoroughly and Steeda's reputation sold me. I didn't want to squeeze a little more performance out like other companies said they could at the risk of hurting the motor or trans. On top of all that, Steeda's customer service was top notch!

I've heard mostly good things about Bama, they seem to take R&D very seriously. They're extremely popular among Focus ST/Fiesta ST owners. If they can be trusted with an Ecoboost, these modulars must be cake. I have a '00 Auto, bolt on's, from heads up, but no tune, I definitely feel like I need it, and when I do, it'll be Bama, though I like stock gearing, strangely enough, it's great on the highway, so long as you're making good power. Anyway yeah Bama all the way man, mostly a matter of trust I guess, but not that I don't trust Steeda, I just don't know much about their tuning.

Last edited: