Steering Wheel Vibration...could This Be The Cause?

Sep 5, 2016
See photo

Attachments

• 20160912_115212.jpg
    20160912_115212.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Sponsors (?)

The steering wheel shakes between 45-55, but is smooth at higher and lower speeds...I've read about 20 threads or so and no one seems to have an answer (guess it's common) Ive seen people getting tires balanced, replacing bushings, tie rods, rotors...but not many have reported success...anyone have a better idea?

Had a Datsun 280 zx that did just that. Replaced outer tie rods, as those were loose, as well as sway bar bushings. Neither fixed problem. New tires and balance took care of 45-55 shake. For now rotate rear to front tires, see what happens. That won't cost a dime. If it takes care of it replace tires in 5 k when it's time to rotate. Assuming tires are same size front to rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a Datsun 280 zx that did just that. Replaced outer tie rods, as those were loose, as well as sway bar bushings. Neither fixed problem. New tires and balance took care of 45-55 shake. For now rotate rear to front tires, see what happens. That won't cost a dime. If it takes care of it replace tires in 5 k when it's time to rotate. Assuming tires are same size front to rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate it, sounds like the simplest place to start