Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

megalog afr.PNG
tunerstudio afr.PNG

I did this with my " snippet " never knew I could do this... These are the different afr table view between MLV and TS

• Sponsors (?)

The lower table is correct and is what should be used. The upper table is totally fubar. The upper table says you want 8afr in boost and is totally wrong it's not even close to a useable table.

Load your new tune into megalog viewer it's still referencing the old tune.

Reload the tune I sent you and go into required fuel, double the required fuel and see what happens.

So if the required fuel is 4 make it 8 ect....

Let me know how it works out.

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas !

I set the required fuel to 10 and it brought my AFR down to 13.5. This thing runs pretty good.

The tables in Megalogviewer were corrected by uploading the proper tune to it. Guess you've got to manually set up the tune for the tables to be accurate.... I missed that step. SMH

Reactions: 1 users
Steve, I wanted to thank you for all your help with getting my tune up to snuff.

I found out the reason for all my issues was from an installation mistake on my side. When installing the vacuum line from the intake to the computer it was being pinched at the firewall grommet where I feed the line through. Corrected that issue and the Map reading most instantly rather than extremely slow like it was before.

I have been able to get a pretty good VE Table put together and needed a lot less AE as before as well. Next item is drivability issues with my idle at start-up oscillating and tuning decal, since the over-run fuel doesn't play nice with an AOD.

With AOD or other auto's

Shut off overrun.
In AE set the decel fuel amount to 100%
Set the AFR in the decel area of the tune to stoic.

Easy peasy.

Fuel tuning at startup.

Car is most likely to lean at startup. First get the warmup enrichment set correctly. Then you may need to add fuel to the afters start enrichment and after start taper%...

That's what I did. I shut-off over-run fuel, but my decel is at 85% per the logs showing a very quick rich state at (-) tpsdot values. this helped correct that. I was planning on what you recommend after tuning the VE table for decel. Since over-run was ON it ignored those sections of the VE table. I will probably lowered to more like 16.1 AFR to get a little better mpg.

I am working on this now as I increase the cranking pulse since I thought it was taking to long to start making it worse. I going to back it off to see if it improves, and if it doesn't that back to the way it was. The ASE I believe defiantly needs help, but just haven't made it there yet.

Reactions: 1 user
@a91what @90sickfox

In regard to the SPOUT and setting base timing - I learned that a lot of cars will not start with the spout out. Some will but it is not an unusual occurrence for them not to.

If not, it makes it difficult to start the car and set base timing. The solution is getting the car to run with the SPOUT in, pulling it out, and then adjusting to 10° with your timing light from there.

Maybe this was grossly obvious to others, but it was lost on me for the longest time.

Reactions: 1 user
I would like to thank hoopty 5.0 and the rest of the fellas for creating this great thread. I am soliciting advice in regards to my next purchase. Looking for a standalone plug and play. Torn between MS pNp2 for the mustang or the stinger performance Pimpxs, or Haltech. Really having a hard time making a decision. They all look to be very good products. Would appreciate any input. I would like to purchase a set up buy the end of the month. And again, whom ever started the thread. Thank you. I'm not real tuner savoy. But from help from wonderful people like yourselves I should be able to figure some things out. My car currently has stock bottom end, trickflow 190 11Rs, systemax Anderson B41, and bbk long tubes.Currently has ProM Mass air. Would really like to ustilize MAP.

Opinions are encouraged comparing the two systems. Megasquirt DIY folks or Stinger Performance piMp xs.

Thanks Toby

I would like to thank hoopty 5.0 and the rest of the fellas for creating this great thread. I am soliciting advice in regards to my next purchase. Looking for a standalone plug and play. Torn between MS pNp2 for the mustang or the stinger performance Pimpxs, or Haltech. Really having a hard time making a decision. They all look to be very good products. Would appreciate any input. I would like to purchase a set up buy the end of the month. And again, whom ever started the thread. Thank you. I'm not real tuner savoy. But from help from wonderful people like yourselves I should be able to figure some things out. My car currently has stock bottom end, trickflow 190 11Rs, systemax Anderson B41, and bbk long tubes.Currently has ProM Mass air. Would really like to ustilize MAP.

Opinions are encouraged comparing the two systems. Megasquirt DIY folks or Stinger Performance piMp xs.

Thanks Toby
They both utilize the MS platform with the MSPNP2 is a MS2 and the Stinger just upgraded to the MS3. There is a base tune available for both, but from what I read the Stinger gives you a tune that is suppose to be geared your combo. They are both great companies, and most of us have leaned more toward the DIYAutoTune guys. Either way we would be able to help you with any issues that you do run into.

Yes the Stinger is Ms based. But it's a very well put together unit and in my opinion as far as plug-and-play as concerned it's worth every penny. Both use the same tuning software so any issues that arise with either we can help you with here and they tune exactly the same. You can even stay mass air flow if you wanted to with these setups. It's not as hard to tune as one would think

Long time student here, first time reaching out...

Lots of valuable information here guys. I have been reading this thread over the Christmas Holidays prepping for my MS2 to MSPNP Gen2 conversion. Car ran fairly well with the old box, but cannot seem to iron out all the bugs in the new box. Car seems to have a miss and breaks up on acceleration. During decel, backfiring occurs. Timing is good and I replaced the plugs to eliminate that possible issue. uploading my tune and log to see what you all think. Let me know were to insert the coin, lol. I appreciate the feedback. Hopping I will have a facepalm situation!

Attachments

• V2.msq
    117.6 KB · Views: 184
  • v2.msl
    3.2 MB · Views: 99
Welcome to Stangnet.

First things first.... I am going to need a list of parts on the car including CR CID and ignition type.

I am going to look thru your file but if you loaded the old file correctly all the settings and the tune should be dead on.

#1 did you remember to calibrate all the sensors in the tools menu?
^^^^ this is the cause of a lot of heartache..

Found your problem its a simple fix.
Capture V2 general.PNG

change this to single table, right now you basically have 2 separate fuel tables to each injector bank.

Next up is your AE settings these changes will be mostly for drivability...
Capture v2 AE.PNG
-blue needs to be changed to 10 for tps dot this will stop the lean surge on light accel.
-red needs to be 0 and nothing but 0 or it will skew the entire fuel table while tuning I don't even know why its an option.
-black should be 100

that will be 5 chicken bones, some of your hair, and personal item..........:O_o:

Reactions: 1 users
Man, let me slap myself in yhe face, lol. current setup:
331, 9:1 compression, 42lb injectors, D1SC running about 8lbs, custom cam, TFI (no ignition box, 5 spd.

I wanted to start fresh with the mspnp2 and used the base tune and went from there. I calibrated the sensors, watched your youtube tutorial, searched the thousands of MS webpages, etc.

On the second go round, I went with 2 fuel tables (additional one for boost). should I just stick to one?

Car idles ok, and used VE analyze set to "easy" to help smooth things out. I saw literally no change after a few test runs. I'll make the changes tomorrow and see how it fares out.

Your not into voodoo are you? lol

only black voodoo tuning magiks.

one table is best for simple builds. you will need 3 lines above 90kpa
100kpa
135kpa
170kpa
that is all.......

in ign... just one above 100kpa
170kpa set your total boost timing in here this will pull timing linearly just like a btm