First, you need this:

Full_Metal_Packet_Homepage_new.png

Rolldatchit and fill in the blanks. :nice:

fkn glow dice. badass
:think:

You can probably plug the USB die right into the tuner. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

yes... ive been looking for a thread like this for a while. I'm running a microsquirt on my 88 5.0 and am having some issues. I have a build thread on theturboforums but I feel like it doesn't get much traffic. Hoopty has responded to it a few times. I'm gonna ask any questions right now because I want to read through this thread from page one. I'll be back after some reading

yes... ive been looking for a thread like this for a while. I'm running a microsquirt on my 88 5.0 and am having some issues. I have a build thread on theturboforums but I feel like it doesn't get much traffic. Hoopty has responded to it a few times. I'm gonna ask any questions right now because I want to read through this thread from page one. I'll be back after some reading

Welcome to the thread !

I scan through that other forum from time to time. This is the most helpful forum I've ever seen.

I run MSPNP2 on my turbo 88. I'm still in the learning curve.

ok so I got a little time to read some and take a short idle datalog. First, a little background...
About a year ago, I wanted a fox body but couldn't find one at the time so I got the next best thing, a miata LOL. Long story short, I hooked up a gen 1 mspnp to the 1.6 miata and a turbo kit. Put everything together, learned a little with the mspnp (on megatune) and it ran decent but I never could get it going how I wanted. The car had sparco racing seats and a nice roll bar. That car was just way too small so I sold off everything and put it back to stock and sold it. So the plan was to buy a foxbody because that's what I wanted all along.

I now own an 88 fox which I have installed microsquirt (ms2?) on. Now I am not totally green to tuning but I still consider myself less than novice. The car runs and drives fine after some autotuning. WOT goes pig rich but that's kinda what I wanted to remain safe while I'm tuning. The car has an on3(custom now, the only thing left from on3 is the turbo and down pipe) turbo kit, 42# ford injectors, explorer intake, AEM wb and that's it.

The issue I am having is once it gets warm, around 185 degrees or so it'll idle at around 13.5 afr, then all of the sudden it will shoot up anywhere from 16-18:1 afr. Its almost like its in some weird loop. It goes fine > lean > rich > fine... fine > lean > rich > fine etc.

I'm also confused about one thing, does the AFR table change anything if *incorporate AFR* is selected? That portion of my afr table was all set to 14.8 (I have since changed it to like 13.5). I thought the only reason why the AFR table was there was for when you autotune...

Anyway, ill attach my .msq and a short idle datalog. If anything looks odd please chime in, thanks

Things can get a little tricky when setting up a tune.
-incorporate afr- is a tuning function that changes the fuel percentage in a given ve table area. It also serves as a ego feedback table.
Example- you have a perfect ve table that matches the afr table, but you want to change the wot afr from 11.5 to 12.5 instead of doing the math and manually changing the ve table you can just change the AFR table and the fuel will change with it. It's an amazing tool that makes tuning easier.

-your idle loop- don't trust auto tune to get the fuel correct at idle it can't. This is best done manually, don't shoot for a number on the WB it's pointless. Adjust the afr until the idle "feels right" you will notice a smoother idle and a higher vacuum signal. Sometimes adjusting the timing in the idle area is required.

I use Tuner Studio Ultra it's my preference, I never use auto tune after the initial startup map is complete. I datalog then use VEanalyze in the megalog viewer it's far more accurate.

I took my old tune and changed ego feedback to 1100 rpm like you had on the one you made. That, along with some ve table manipulation and it seems to idle fairly smooth around 13:1... I kinda did how you suggested and ignored the afr numbers and just changed it so the car idled best. Thanks for the help

No problem, I made some major changes to the idle control algorithm in the tune I sent you. That is most likely the issue, take a good look at the AFR VE and IGN tables from the tune I sent you. They are smoothed tables and will work very well. With some fine tuning to the ve table of course.

Big thing is smooth smooth smooth... you want nice easy transitions.

Hey guys...I've been using MS for 3 years now and this is the most I've read about it!!! Haha awesome....

If I share my tune/tables could I get some direction with startup, fuel/spark into my boost? thank you!!

My combo is 359w, afr 205s, ms pnp, 80lb injectors, t56 and a 78mm turbo fox body

Well of course, that's what this thread is here for.

Post it up, I will offer advice.

thanks Steve..your video and posts have been very informative!!

I'm also still fighting after a warm start the AFR on idle is high.. My MAT sensor is in the fender well along with the intercooler as you can tell by the temps...

**And AFR table will that throw the car off...I do not use the auto tune..sorry for all the questions!

stock ignition with the msd pro dizzy and accel coil(i wanted to change it to the blue msd soon)

Here are a couple of my files.

Attachments

• RyanBOx2327.msq
    108.7 KB · Views: 193
  • ryanspark1.png
    ryanspark1.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 173
  • ryanspark3.png
    ryanspark3.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 177
  • ryanvefuel.png
    ryanvefuel.png