Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

Once you get that hooked up, you will need to set the wb settings up in the tools menu.

For the ms to have any usable input from wb your afr table must be built and active. When you first start tuning DO NOT use the auto tune function, data log the drive and make the changes using the algebra function....... I posted the basic math ratio method earlier in this thread, it is the most accurate way to tune the car. Then you can let auto tune do its thing with the cruise portions that are difficult to ratio.

Good luck!
Thanks, I'll check into that!

I still need to register my TS install to take advantage of that but wanted to do baby steps and until I get it all installed it kinda didn't matter. Easier to spread the purchases across multiple days, throws the wife off the money trail. :nice:

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

lol, re-reading this just now made me think of deliveries this week... I'm 3 for 4 with one more from LMR expected tomorrow which should make it 4 out of 5 days this week with a mustang part delivery. Good thing they ship free and I know the code to avoid tax.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm looking at purchasing a megasquirt kit for my '89 LX. Soldering a kit is no problem for me, so I'm looking at this kit from diyautotune:
5.0 Mustang DIYer Kit Package #1
Is this a kit you guys would recommend? It looks like it would have everything I need. I just installed a wideband afr, and I'm hoping this coming winter to install a Vortec supercharger. I was thinking if I could get the MS built and installed, and learn to use it, it would make tuning with the blower much easier.

I'm looking at purchasing a megasquirt kit for my '89 LX. Soldering a kit is no problem for me, so I'm looking at this kit from diyautotune:
Is this a kit you guys would recommend? It looks like it would have everything I need. I just installed a wideband afr, and I'm hoping this coming winter to install a Vortec supercharger. I was thinking if I could get the MS built and installed, and learn to use it, it would make tuning with the blower much easier.
I built a diypnp unit, it is based off of the micro squirt and plugs into the factory harness. The only problem with it is you have to source your own eec connector, I used a burned up eec for mine.

That kit doesn't mate up to the stock harness as far as I know... There's a different one the hoopty built that is just missing the 60 pin, I'll find it later and link it.

That kit doesn't mate up to the stock harness as far as I know... There's a different one the hoopty built that is just missing the 60 pin, I'll find it later and link it.

Thanks! I've been a computer/electronics geek for a lot of years and this looks like it would be a great project for my Mustang. I've got pretty much everything else upgraded and have a good foundation to start adding horsepower. So the MS and a supercharger are the next step.

I'm very pleased with mine, I went with the $800 version that's already built mainly because of 2 reasons. First, I didn't want to have to find a 60 pin connector as it seems the only way to do that is get an old ECU like from a junk yard and then take it off there... and second because I wanted it to fit in the stock location behind the kick panel. Here's a link to a thread showing what fits, where/how, etc.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/megasquirt/2082545-diypnp-will-fit-stock-location.html

Here's the 3 choices, first is the one I got that's full PNP but the most expensive.
https://www.diyautotune.com/product/megasquirtpnp-g2-eec4a8-for-86-93-ford-mustang-5-0/

Now the one you mentioned that's for a mustang but DIY and I don't think it is supposed to use the stock harness as per @hoopty5.0... I didn't check due to my first two concerns anyways.
https://www.diyautotune.com/product/5-0-mustang-diyer-kit-package-1/

And this is the one that @hoopty5.0 got that's DIY and just needs the aforementioned connector.
https://www.diyautotune.com/product/diypnp-ford-60-pin-eec-iv-unassembled-kit-no-connector/

Ok, I'm going to look into finding a 60 pin connector and using this kit also. Thanks!
I bought an old 87 lincoln town car ecu for $15. Had to desolder all the 60 connector pins, and then remove it. Was a little hassle but I got it done. I have the DIYPNP in my 94 cobra 5.0 right now. Been working on a smooth idle. It's been an interesting learning experience so far. Watching the setup videos by a91what have helped me.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, here's the video that shows how I set my timing but could totally make your engine turn into a supernova as I take no responsibility for your blowing up your stuff.

Here's the video showing the datalog of the above video and what the MS unit saw on the log.

Reactions: 2 users