Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a copy of a mustang base tune if you're NA that came with my assembled unit if you don't have that... And check out my video on timing.

I've been watching you videos, very informative! My car is NA for now, but my winter project is going to be a Vortec kit. So I'd like to have the MS installed and know how to use it before I put it in. Car currently is a 306 with cobra intake, B303 cam, Y303 aluminum heads, 65mm TB and 1.7 roller rockers.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been watching you videos, very informative! My car is NA for now, but my winter project is going to be a Vortec kit. So I'd like to have the MS installed and know how to use it before I put it in. Car currently is a 306 with cobra intake, B303 cam, Y303 aluminum heads, 65mm TB and 1.7 roller rockers.

Gotcha, the base tune for sure will get it started, and you can start playing with it from there. My mods are similar and in my sig.

I've got a copy of a mustang base tune if you're NA that came with my assembled unit if you don't have that... And check out my video on timing.
Is your base tune the same as the one on the DIY site?
Just got the kit and started soldering it up yesterday, so it will be a bit before I'm ready to install it.
DIY needs to do some rethinking on how the info on their site laid out. Once you find what you need, it's pretty good. But finding it can be a challenge.

Is your base tune the same as the one on the DIY site?
Just got the kit and started soldering it up yesterday, so it will be a bit before I'm ready to install it.
DIY needs to do some rethinking on how the info on their site laid out. Once you find what you need, it's pretty good. But finding it can be a challenge.
Yes it's the same tune, and yes they need to redo there site. The info is spread out everywhere.

ok guys, I have some questions. I have ended up with a megasquirt system. Im not sure exactly what I have, or what I need. the setup was pulled from a running 2.3 turbo'd ranger... will this even work on my car (93 gt)? im trying to research, but the amount of info is so overwhelming that I get lost. im assuming I can get this: https://www.diyautotune.com/support...asquirt-your-mustang-5-0/5-0-mustang-adapter/ to actually plug it into the car. if so, what all else do I need? is it as simple as downloading the correct base tune? I apologize for my "noobness". Ive had several fox cars, but ive never ventured into the world of tuning before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-23-14-02-33.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-23-14-02-33.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 154
ok guys, I have some questions. I have ended up with a megasquirt system. Im not sure exactly what I have, or what I need. the setup was pulled from a running 2.3 turbo'd ranger... will this even work on my car (93 gt)? im trying to research, but the amount of info is so overwhelming that I get lost. im assuming I can get this: https://www.diyautotune.com/support...asquirt-your-mustang-5-0/5-0-mustang-adapter/ to actually plug it into the car. if so, what all else do I need? is it as simple as downloading the correct base tune? I apologize for my "noobness". Ive had several fox cars, but ive never ventured into the world of tuning before.
Need more info. The unit has to be built to work with a tfi ignition system this is the largest issue I forsee.

Thats my problem, I don't really have any info lol. There are literally NO markings on the box. How can I go about getting more info about the unit? I promise ive been trying to search/research, but the ms website is pretty confusing and jumbled up.

Ok, here are the pics of my disassembled unit... thanks again for the help!

Attachments

• ms2.jpg
    ms2.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 194
  • ms3.jpg
    ms3.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 174
  • ms4.jpg
    ms4.jpg
    596.1 KB · Views: 171
  • ms5.jpg
    ms5.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 184
  • ms6.jpg
    ms6.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 193
I've got my kit soldered together. Just getting ready to install jumpers to the adapter board. A couple questions. How do you go about wiring in the wideband? Does it wire in to the 15 pin connector? Is the DIYPNP jumper configuration for the 88-93 Mustang accurate? If I go supercharger later on, is there any additional wiring I could do now to prep for it? Thanks for the help!
micro.jpg
micro2.jpg

I've got my kit soldered together. Just getting ready to install jumpers to the adapter board. A couple questions. How do you go about wiring in the wideband? Does it wire in to the 15 pin connector? Is the DIYPNP jumper configuration for the 88-93 Mustang accurate? If I go supercharger later on, is there any additional wiring I could do now to prep for it? Thanks for the help!
micro.jpg
micro2.jpg
Why are the wideband in however you would like I would suggest grounding it to the mega squirt ECU ground. Just take the White Band output to the O2 input on the board you can do this through the DB connector or solder it into the 02 wire on the stock harness it's really your choice. If the car is A5 speed car then I would suggest wiring the clutch into one of the extra relay inputs that would be POA or Flex there are others I will have to dig up the documentation for you for now just do the jumpers the way the documentation you have says we can go in once I find the other documentation and add the extra jumpers then we can grab wires that go out into the engine compartment and use them as outputs four relays this will ground the relay and then use the relay to turn on another device like electric fans or shift lights if you're planning on running supercharged in the future then everything that came in the kit is good for 20 pounds of boost good luck take your time