Fox Sticky throttle

Hey Guys, just wanted to add something to this even though the OP fixed his issue,i literally went thru my whole cable like 6 months ago and i did buy a new cable from LMR and its outstanding,what happened was the first batch they made a few years ago wasn't that good but the new version is extremely well made,im real picky when it comes to that and I'm completely satisfied.

You can also verify this in the reviews, if you read reviews for the cable from a long time ago you can see a complaint here and there but as time progresses you can see almost every single one is positive.

Im not a spokesman for them, just my personal opinion,if i had to rate the cable in comparison to the original i would give it a 4.8 with 5 being perfect (because nothing is as perfect as OEM),sooo if you are in a situation where you need a new cable and nothing else will do, give the cable a shot,hardest part for me was installing it in that are where the pedal is,not a lot of room to work in and that black disc looking thing is a B****, its spring steel and requires bending it to put it in or pushing it reaaaaaly hard

You will have to get used to it at first.its so smooth it feels very very weird at first but after a week or so it will feel like a old friend,lol

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey Guys, just wanted to add something to this even though the OP fixed his issue,i literally went thru my whole cable like 6 months ago and i did buy a new cable from LMR and its outstanding,what happened was the first batch they made a few years ago wasn't that good but the new version is extremely well made,im real picky when it comes to that and I'm completely satisfied.

You can also verify this in the reviews, if you read reviews for the cable from a long time ago you can see a complaint here and there but as time progresses you can see almost every single one is positive.

Im not a spokesman for them, just my personal opinion,if i had to rate the cable in comparison to the original i would give it a 4.8 with 5 being perfect (because nothing is as perfect as OEM),sooo if you are in a situation where you need a new cable and nothing else will do, give the cable a shot,hardest part for me was installing it in that are where the pedal is,not a lot of room to work in and that black disc looking thing is a B****, its spring steel and requires bending it to put it in or pushing it reaaaaaly hard

You will have to get used to it at first.its so smooth it feels very very weird at first but after a week or so it will feel like a old friend,lol
Thanks for the updated review and that's good to hear. I just ordered some electrical parts from them last week and was considering adding it to the cart but did not end up having to.

So what is that disc anyway? Where does it go? I have not been able to u cover much about it. I'll put it back In If I need it.

Hey there, on the outside of the firewall you have your 2 screws that hold your throttle cable to the body of the car, the black disc is what holds it inside to the inside body of the car,its basically a reinforcement. if one had X ray vision, you could see it right behind those 2 screws holding it onto the firewall

Once you secure the cable to the firewall you go inside of the car and align the disc onto the silver looking shaft the best you can (there is hardly any room in there) and then use something to push it in, you could use 2 really long strong screwdrivers , one on each side and just drive it in slowly, eventually it will go in all the way and seat against the black Dinamat looking pad inside the interior firewall.

The disc is spring steel and it has a cut down the middle,if you grab each side of the disc and bend one side in and the other out with pliers on each end the inside shape of the disc will change and make it slightly bigger and it slides with no effort onto the cable metal shaft,once you let go of the pliers the disc returns to its original shape.

Problem is, you cant do that inside the car cause there is no room so you just have to push it in real hard and it will slide in slightly scrapping the metal shaft, its a tight fit believe me,i would assume by the shape of the disc and how it has a cutout and a little hole in it Ford probably had a special tool to put that disc in in 5 seconds OR they put it in before they mounted the dash,lol

Here's a good picture of what it looks like.

Attachments

• THROTTLE CABLE DISC.jpg
    THROTTLE CABLE DISC.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 17