Digital Tuning Stock Fuel Pump Replaced With Another Oem, Bap, Retune?

Jay4.6

Nov 16, 2016
So I got rear ended. I have the stock fuel pump with the kenne belle boost a pump. The pump died, not sure how, Its not the inertia switch, but I dont really care, insurance is covering it. I have considered just going with a new and better pump all around, but the only pumps I have found that are within the price insurance quoted me for are not in tank pumps and will require additional plumbing. The shop is doing the work so It isnt me just being lazy. The only in tank pump that I could find (aeromotive) was like $900 or something and then plus the retune that I would for sure need. On top of all of this, an oem replacement is already in the mail.

So Ill be going with the oem pump and putting on the bap again. Will I need a retune? Im at 470 wheel so I dont have much room for error. I know it is the same pump so in my mind, I shouldnt, but at the same time each individual product is slightly different so I dont know for sure if something will be off by a little bit or not. If something IS off, I dont know if that difference will be negligible. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't imagine you'd need a retune. Is the new pump a true factory ford replacement ? If so, you definitely shouldn't need a new tune.

Yep it's ford. Thank you for your reply. I was pretty sure I wouldn't need one so being told so helps solidify my thought. I have an a/f monitor so I can keep an eye on that as well. Thank you for your reply