Strange noises from the rear

BigPonyMan

Apr 20, 2003
South Carolina
Hey guys here is my problem: My car makes this wierd grinding/rubbing sound whenever I turn, and sometimes accelerating from a stop. It sounds like it's coming from the rear and i noticed a spot on the suspension that looks like its been rubbed some :shrug:
Anybody had this problem or have any ideas about what it may be? Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi. What year is your car? I have a 2003. I had the same problem. I checked everything, the exhaust, supension, ectc.. Finally took it to the delaership and was told the differential clutch pack was defective. Car is still under warranty. I pray that this is not your problem,

When was the diff. fluid changed last. May just need to be changed.

My 01gt made some nasty noises only when turning; never on a straightaway, changed the fluid noise gone.

Now, I have a howling noises on acceleration and decel..in gear and in neutral..I pretty sure my new problem is the axle bearings. this is what I get for "drivin like I stole it"

hope it's nothing serious

later

AL :banana: :flag:

Not sure on the price but when the dealership called me back they said the differential fluid was bone dry. Apparently during aseembly at the facory they didn't put enough fluid in. My car was the sixth one mustang serviced for this problem at the dealership this year :shrug: