Stripping A Good Fox For Parts?

For used parts I would recommend the following
  • Rick Ruffino- great guy and decent prices
  • Eddyson Enterprises-pricey
  • Local guy in Jupiter Florida named Matt- he has 25 years of parts and advertizes on local CL
  • Corral- always guys parting out cars

I would not buy from MPS or Prestige. Plenty of horror stories there.
Thank you for the heads up. I'll check out your recommended sources.

• Sponsors (?)

MPS and Prestige have sent me good stuff in good time. So thanks for the warning that things have changed (or at least that they were scared of me.)
Thanks for other places to shop. I would be happy to learn of more good places.

My idea of a hybrid harness is two or more different ones knowledgeably pieced together. If you have the knowledge and diagrams, plug and go works for me too. I just am thinking that removing another brittle original Fox harness will not be all he needs, and maybe new Fox wires are worth buying for this project. The take out motor already blows past my budget, and chasing down electrical gremlins is not fun for mere mortals.

Last edited:
Ideally I'd like a stock 90 GT except for power train and drive train (cruise, air bags, etc.) although this may not be possible. I read somewhere that the cruise isn't possible with the Coyote swap.

I'm pretty good with electronics and harnesses although the first step is finding good wiring diagrams. I contacted Ron Francis regarding all new body harnesses and a dash harness although they don't have anything off the shelf. I would prefer to have someone build all new harnesses for the car and incorporate the Ford Racing Coyote harness although I haven't found someone for that yet.

1990 was a melting pot of the Mustang, some old 88-89 stuff with some 91+ stuff and as a result the main harness (dash) is unique for 90 and because of that it hasn't been reproduced en mass yet.

What Ive learned on Cruise for the coyote swap is this, modern cars use the CANBus modules via the PCM to control speed, while throttle position is possible it wont control set speed as the network also uses ABS to slow the vehicle. I understand if one is willing to install a full ABS then you can get to cruise control. you'll also need/want a transmission with built in speed sensor like a T56 magnum or youll run into idle stall issues, the early swaps learned the hard way. The speed sensor is also part of the CC curcuit Ive opted out of CC for now but would like to try as mod later once I get mine back on the road.

The FRPP control pack covers the engine harness, the rest of your stock harness can pretty much be stand alone I believe. you can use your stock gauges pretty much, you can also hook up an Aeroforce interceptor to the ODB II port for refined engine monitoring

Reactions: 1 users
The FRPP control pack covers the engine harness, the rest of your stock harness can pretty much be stand alone I believe. you can use your stock gauges pretty much, you can also hook up an Aeroforce interceptor to the ODB II port for refined engine monitoring
you can it takes some work the Florida 5.0 stuff makes it easy
View: https://vimeo.com/121142017
. The video attached is the one I did
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425394065.358897.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 users
That harness up the right side was made to look like a factory harness . It passes through the original ecm grommet where the light portion of the control pack is mounted in the car .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425394164.056277.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Nice work Jeff!! Mine should be about done end of week...... fingers crossed!
I'm excited for you man it was fun and they run great your gonna love it . To get that connector through the fire wall I had to completely de pin and re pin on the other side of it

To get that connector through the fire wall I had to completely de pin and re pin on the other side of it
Go figure. I had a hell of a time just getting the old harnesses and grommets through the firewall. Thank you for the posts, I'm looking forward to getting to that point but that won't be until next year. Unfortunately I have another restoration (non-mustang) project in process which I need to get done first.

What Ive learned on Cruise for the coyote swap is this, modern cars use the CANBus modules via the PCM to control speed, while throttle position is possible it wont control set speed as the network also uses ABS to slow the vehicle. I understand if one is willing to install a full ABS then you can get to cruise control. you'll also need/want a transmission with built in speed sensor like a T56 magnum or youll run into idle stall issues, the early swaps learned the hard way. The speed sensor is also part of the CC curcuit Ive opted out of CC for now but would like to try as mod later once I get mine back on the road.

That makes complete sense. After 20+ years with OBD and CAN bus usage you tend to forget that once upon a time the vehicle systems were completely different. I wonder if anyone has added ABS and if it is worth it or not. I don't have to have cruise, although it would be nice if just out cruising.

Well I left a message for Prestige last Saturday basically explaining I need about all of the interior from a vehicle and a set of doors for a 90 GT, have yet to hear back. Even though I'm not in a rush, it's still irritating when someone can't make the effort to contact you back. Regardless of what they have, I'll be going elsewhere.

Nice! any mods or just plug and play?

I am getting a tune...
Just the JLT and the swap long tubes - you need a tune with the CAI . car made 435 to the tire on big daddy Dwaynes Dyno

Reactions: 1 user
That makes complete sense. After 20+ years with OBD and CAN bus usage you tend to forget that once upon a time the vehicle systems were completely different. I wonder if anyone has added ABS and if it is worth it or not. I don't have to have cruise, although it would be nice if just out cruising.

I would love to have ABS on all my cars. It has to be the best reason to have a computer in the car, followed by a reliable Tom Tom.
Thanks again for the info on Prestige. They were so much more efficient than any parts place within a 4 county radius that it is just a shame.