Strut Brace

• Sponsors (?)

My car had an unknown brand name strut tower brace on it when I bought it. It barely rubbed the rear, top corner of my cobra intake. When I swapped to the Edelbrock intake, I had to section it and reels a portion to make it work. With my newly installed systemax intake, it was going to be too much work to make it fit, so it is now sitting in the corner of the garage.

If you are using anything other than a stock engine, I would count on some type of modification to be needed.

Joe

My car had an unknown brand name strut tower brace on it when I bought it. It barely rubbed the rear, top corner of my cobra intake. When I swapped to the Edelbrock intake, I had to section it and reels a portion to make it work. With my newly installed systemax intake, it was going to be too much work to make it fit, so it is now sitting in the corner of the garage.

If you are using anything other than a stock engine, I would count on some type of modification to be needed.

Joe
OK. Thanks for the reply and information.

You will feel it more with a vert than a hatch or a coupe. It definitely helps with cowl shake, but are a PITA to work around. I have a chrome BBK one sitting in my garage that I have been going back and forth on installing for that reason. I think my booster is bad and it would be another thing to have to take off and on.

It's honestly cheaper to replace it. The aftermarket and Cobra strut tower braces have the forward bar go ahead of the intake so that intake height isn't really an issue. The biggest problem is the air pipe. A stock air pipe will probably work, but I had problems with the more rigid cold air intake pipes before.

Kurt