Struts / Shocks For 95 Cobra

pelensky

Feb 8, 2009
I have a 95 Cobra with 21k miles. The struts/shocks are original and need to be replaced. I would like something with a little more stiffness than the stock struts/shock but nothing that is too far away from the stock springs. It will only be used on the street for weekend spirited driving. What are the reasonable strut/shock options. Are the stock springs on a Cobra too soft or should I slightly upgrade those as well?

I am not interested in lowering it.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I have the expensive adjustable Tokico shocks. I was a fan until I was in a pinch one time doing a suspension job on another car, and the only performance shock available locally were the KYB adjustables sold at the Summit store. The KYBs blow my Tokicos away. They are a sturdier construction with a better adjustment range. They ride infinitely better on the substandard roads we have here in Atlanta, yet handle just as well if not better when you turn up the adjustment. They are nearly half the price of the expensive Tokicos everyone goes bonkers for. I highly recommend them.

Kurt

I've got the adjustable KYB AGX on all four corners of my GT and have zero complaints about them. Adjustment is easy and they can be set to just about any kind of driving style/ride you could want.