Stuck In Park 95 Mustang Automatic

• Sponsors (?)

Have you looked at the linkage and cable on the side of the transmission? You may need a helpful hand, flashlight, and another set of eyes.
is that the thick cable on the underside? I looked at it but nothing seemed wrong with it.

Forgot to mention it is on ramps right now. I tried rocking it to see if it had gotten stuck but no dice there either.

I had that problem a few times. I ended up putting different terminals on the wires going to the brake actuator switch behind the brake pedal
I think it might be that, The shifter works after I removed the shift interlock cable (looks like a bicycle wire) so it's in that area at least. Either the interlock itself or the terminals on the switch.

Ever had the key get stuck in the ignition? It works fine and turns the car on, it can go into accessory. But the key won't come out. Its not the ignition cyclinder. Tried two no ones and nada

I think it might be that, The shifter works after I removed the shift interlock cable (looks like a bicycle wire) so it's in that area at least. Either the interlock itself or the terminals on the switch.

Ever had the key get stuck in the ignition? It works fine and turns the car on, it can go into accessory. But the key won't come out. Its not the ignition cyclinder. Tried two no ones and nada

I figured out cause noticed brake lights didn't come on. Key, had problems with on other Fords... can't remember exactly cause. Thinking steering wheel locked, turn to relieve pressure, or linkage wasn't quite in park.

I figured out cause noticed brake lights didn't come on. Key, had problems with on other Fords... can't remember exactly cause. Thinking steering wheel locked, turn to relieve pressure, or linkage wasn't quite in park.
Hm well my lights are working... so I guess it's not the switch. Probably the interlock then

See I've tried all of that and it just won't come out, really confusing

The key on my old GT would get stuck sometimes. It was the black piece that the key slides into. It would turn a little but the cylinder wouldn't. And it would get stuck. Not sure if that's your problem or not.