Stuck Rear Caliper 2004 Mach 1

Deathstroke

Jun 24, 2015
Hello everyone! Im new to the forums and would greatly appreciate some veteran advice.
I noticed a rubbing sound on my rear passenger side brakes, figured they needed to be replaced. Got the pads and went to work this morning. They were indeed worn out. BUT when I did the driver side, there was a ton of meat left on the pads. Replaced and tried them out. Went to drive down the road and could tell the brakes were rubbing...hard.
My assumption is a stuck caliper, the reason for the wear in the first place.
Where would be the best place/ price for me to get the replacement?

Thank you in advance for your time.

• Sponsors (?)

It could be sticky mounting pins. If a boot got torn and moisture got it they can rust pretty quick. You can get new mounting pins at any descent auto parts store and they are cheap and easy to replace.

If you need just a caliper, I'd check rockauto.com. Since most local stores around here don't seem to stock hard parts much anymore Rock Auto is my go-to parts store.

Reactions: 1 user
Replaced the caliper which came with new slide pins. Brakes still dragging. I detached the ebrake line thinking maybe it was stuck, brakes still dragging. The further I drive, the worse they get. When I first start they are almost quiet, then they begin the dragging sound and it keeps getting worse until I limp the car home from the test drive.
-Replaced brakes
-replaced bracket caliper w/new pins
-detached ebrake
What else could it be? A bad hose?

I dont believe so, got them from Advance Auto and they cross referenced them on the computer. Id hope they gave me the right ones. It was sticking before I changed them, so most likely not.