sunroof

• Sponsors (?)

you can do it but it would leak and look like crap. i have a donor car with a sunroof that i wanted to put on my coupe. i took the glass off and i found out that the roof had little slots in it to hold the glass in. there is a groove all the way around the glass too in the roof. so if you wanna do it you would have to measure,cut, get some hinges and attatch them to the glass and the roof. it would look like junk because it would stick above the roof like an inch.

Aftermarket sunroofs tend to really blow. I have yet to see one on a Mustang that did not leak.

*with proper maintainence* the factory sunroof is a pretty good design and will rarely leak. If you keep your seals new and regularly clean the 4 drain holes with compressed air you should never have a problem. If your factory roof leaks, maybe you should give it some attention.

I got an aftermarket sunroof in my GT, and hate it. It does leak, and it's not jus one spot it leaks, just depend on how the car is angled when it's parked.
If your worried about the sun beating down on the car and making the inside hot, don't put a sunrof in it. tint the windows, and put some ventvisors on it( I know some people don't like them) but they will help vent your car and protect it a little.

The truth is, unless you do it for a living then you can't do it yourself. By the time you finish paying for the sunroof and paying someone to put it in, you could have bought a complete AC system and put it in yourself. If you look around, you can usually find somebody willing to charge it for about $30- but not in Hawaii. Last time I checked, Hose Wizard sold everthing you need for about $700, and I have never seen a sunroof job cost less than that that didn't have problems. It won't let as much light in the car, but it doesn't leak either and it's a heck of a lot colder.