Supercharge My V6 Or Buy A V8?

scottaz

Jun 7, 2015
Hi guys (and gals),
This is my first post and I created this account just to ask this question. I have been considering buying a procharger supercharger for my 2013 Mustang V6 or should I just buy a v8? I do a significant amount of daily driving. I just hit 59k miles after buying the car used about 2 years ago wtih 14k miles. I have added BBK CIA, BBK Throttle body, BBK headers and shorty midpipe, borla s-type axle-back, strut tower brace, koni sport shocks and struts, sumitomo htr z 255/45-18, replica gt 500 wheels, 3.73 ford racing gears, powerstop Z23 sport rotors + pads, bama tune and dynotech aluminum one-piece drive shaft. After dumping all this money into my V6 is it worth it to start over? Also ford just replaced my short block at 52k miles because of a manufacturing error. I want to keep my car payment low so it would probably be a used 2011-2014 GT. What do you guys think?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Personally I love the sound of a V8 and hate the sound of a V6. That's just me. I also love underdog sleepers. Those V6 Mustangs can be pretty stout. So in my mind, you are looking at a win either way.

Guess that didn't help...:) Other than to know either choice should be good.

A sc or turbo would be slick on a v-6. Keep in mind, the new Ford GT is a six, twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 that will produce more than 600 horsepower. Not too shabby.