Supercharger Tune

lt3355

Oct 20, 2014
What's up mustang family have a quick question about supercharger tuning. I have a 04 gt and I'm in the middle of putting a vortech v2 on it. When I'm done I'm taking it to the local dyno for dyno tune etc. my question is does anyone know someone who will give me a good base tune so I can start my car and make sure everything is running right before I take it over ? Just want to make sure that everything is operating correctly before it gets to the dyno. Thanks for all your help!

• Sponsors (?)

Your tuner should be able to do that. And even then you should just baby it. Keep the RPMs under 2000 for the trip. Throw your flashes on and just ease on down the road.

When I did mine, I used sniper tuning software you could do on your own lap top. It did not work well but it ran. I kind of wish I tried it first on the factory tune to see what the difference is because I don't think it did much. I still had to limp it to the dyno.

I still don't think they did a good job on it either. Its great when your on the gas but not great when coasting.

do your homework on the tuner before hand and make sure you have someone on their A game. Its the most important part. I'm going to be looking at having it redone myself soon I think. I just want to get an intercooler on it first. Which I'd highly recommend the first time around. plumbing all those pipes is expensive do it once.

What's up mustang family have a quick question about supercharger tuning. I have a 04 gt and I'm in the middle of putting a vortech v2 on it. When I'm done I'm taking it to the local dyno for dyno tune etc. my question is does anyone know someone who will give me a good base tune so I can start my car and make sure everything is running right before I take it over ? Just want to make sure that everything is operating correctly before it gets to the dyno. Thanks for all your help!
Hello, if you have a handheld tuner than maybe you can contact Vortech and maybe they can email you a tune to plug and play or you might be able to contact SCT or diablo and they'll ask for the cars specs so they can send you a proper tune to match the setup. Yes I agree with what the other guy said about doing research on tuning shops; last thing you want to hear before you bring your baby into a shop is that they're known for blowing up motors.. There's a few shops herein the bay area that tune and one of them is RPM in Rohnert Park in NorCal.
Hopefully this'll help you.