Supercharger

Eatchevysforlunch

Oct 24, 2016
I have a 2010 Mustang GT 4.6 Litre 5 speed manual transmission with 31,000 miles and considering putting a Roush or similar supercharger on it, I have the money to do it and have a mechanic that can install the system but confused on what it will do to the engine and transmission, what is required when putting a supercharger on a stock car? Does it damage the engine?transmission? I'm ignorant of the whole thing all I know is I want to have 500+ horsepower and have the money to do it

• Sponsors (?)

Hhhmm. Very good question with a complicated answer. Will they do damage, well yes anytime you increase interior engine pressure you can do damage, however there are plenty of supercharged cars out there that have run for thousands of miles with nothing blowing up. Superchargering (or turbo) will reduce the life expectancy even if everything goes well just from the pressure increase. The weakness in these car seems to be the clutch however if you don't have slicks on the street tires will spin so it will reduce the likelihood of the clutch being melted. Most over the counter kits like Roush, Edelbrock etc.. are very reliable it when you change pulleys and re tunes and increase boost where damage is more likely to occur.