Suspension Help!!!!!!!!!!

thebayareapimp

Apr 2, 2015
I have a 2007 Mustang GT and I want to lower it correctly .. I currently have 19" SVE drift wheels I want to lower it for better handling and look . I'm not sure what springs are good and I should use .. What else will I need exactly to do the job right :)
ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428016026.453510.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428016026.453510.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Sponsors (?)

Get a matched kit.. Ford Racing sells a great package that has Springs, shocks, struts, and sway bars.... (reasoning below) I'd also highly recommend Maximum Motorsports caster / camber plates to be able to dial in the new suspension.

Don't piece something together with different brands of shocks, Springs, and sway bars. Stick with a kit that is engineered to work together... Use a known company like Maximum Motorsports, Eibach, Ground Control, Ford Racing, Whiteline, KW Suspension, etc...

In my opinion you can't beat Ford Racing for bang-to-buck ratio. And none of the other companies have the engineering money or staff that Ford does. The Ford kit will work great, fit great, and have a warranty for less $ than the other companies. Basically plug-and-play suspension already tuned for your car.

But if money is no object... Go KW Suspension "Club Sport" or "V3" for shocks and springs and Whiteline, Cortex, or BMR, for things like watts links, control arms, sway bars, torque arms, etc... Then plan on spending more money for corner balancing (if you can find a shop that does it), and don't forget countless hours of scratching your head trying to figure out how to make your $5000 suspension work correctly.... All for a few tenths on the AutoX.

Happy shopping!

How MUCH are you looking to lower it?

Keep in mind that much more than an inch or so drop in the rear and you will most likely need an adjustable upper control arm to fix pinion angle, and possible lower relocation brackets. I have a 1" drop in the back and it really doesn't look like enough to me, debating on going a little lower and just getting and adjustable upper arm.

I have a 2007 Mustang GT and I want to lower it correctly .. I currently have 19" SVE drift wheels I want to lower it for better handling and look . I'm not sure what springs are good and I should use .. What else will I need exactly to do the job right :)
ATTACH]

UPR Pro Series Lowering Springs are made by Eibach and they drop the car 1.5". They improve the looks & handling, and they have Eibach's "Million Mile Warranty".

How MUCH are you looking to lower it?

Keep in mind that much more than an inch or so drop in the rear and you will most likely need an adjustable upper control arm to fix pinion angle, and possible lower relocation brackets. I have a 1" drop in the back and it really doesn't look like enough to me, debating on going a little lower and just getting and adjustable upper arm.
I'm running 19" x 9.5 all four corners. 275/35/19 Nitto Nt555

This is the package I bought from late model resto:

SVE Mustang Drift Wheel & Tire Kit - 19X9.5 Flat Black (05-14) Nitto NT555

WHAT DO U THINK WOULD LOOK BEST? KEEP IN MINE I LIVE IN A CITY.

I live in a city-ish area too. I think 1" in front is about right, I personally wouldn't go any lower (there are places I know it would scrape). You could get away with more in back but you'll probably need to trim the bumpstops. I actually trimmed mine even with the 1" drop and it rides better now, apparently it was hitting the bumpstops a lot.

I live in a city-ish area too. I think 1" in front is about right, I personally wouldn't go any lower (there are places I know it would scrape). You could get away with more in back but you'll probably need to trim the bumpstops. I actually trimmed mine even with the 1" drop and it rides better now, apparently it was hitting the bumpstops a lot.
What did you use exactly? How does it sit now?