Suspension is IN

Seems like suspension is the project of the month, but I'll go ahead and post a few pics anyway. Put in all the parts in my sig, took about four days, bout one and a half of those trying to get the spring compressor to work, and I still didn't get them out in "textbook fashion". Car rides great now, haven't had it aligned yet so I haven't hit any turns goin too hard, but so far it hasn't really rolled at all making turns. I'm thinking it's going to get more stiff as the springs settle, but right now the ride isn't too bad at all.

What a difference having front shocks makes :D I pulled my old ones out and could compress it with my pinky finger...then they stayed down. How much longer should it get after driving it around for a while? I have pics of the whole process if anyone is interested.

Old Stuff
attachment.php

Before
attachment.php

New (Driven bout 10 miles, not settled)
attachment.php

Attachments

• OldPartsSmall.jpg
    OldPartsSmall.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 123
  • DoneSide2Small.jpg
    DoneSide2Small.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 955
  • Sponsors (?)

Congrats, NorCal. My shocks and struts were shot, too. I could compress them and they stayed compressed; another was frozen in place compressed. I'd say mine has settled about .5" so far, but I haven't driven it that much. When I first did the install, I didn't do the rear sway because I ran out of time. My rear was uneven, almost an inch off sometimes. After I did the rear sway about a week later, it leveled out nicely.

Next up is 4 wheel disks, 17" TTII's, and maybe GLobal West negative UCA's.