Suspension options

I am beginning to work on my 70Mach1, 351C 4BBL, C6 trans w/3.73 gears. I will more than likely swap the C6 out for an AOD trans. I have read about 5 pages on my search about suspension options. I am looking to have a decent handling crusier for weekend driving that eventually I would like to take to a hot rod power tour. I am really interested in updating the suspension and steering.

Options I am considering:

A. Rod & Custom Motorsports MII front suspension and rear coilover kit.

B. Gram's Front Coilover for Classic Mustangs (Cannot find a link to see if he ever offered this for sale, only saw the pictures of it and his finished car.) Would possibly look at R&C rear kit.

C. AJE Racing front kit, not sure about the rear.

D. Opentrackers Roller spring perches, Adjustable Stut Rods, Street Ready Upper Control Arms, TCP eccentric eliminator kit. Still would like to have Rack & Pinion steering. (If I went this route seems like it would cost as much as going with a coilover kit.)

What do you think is my best option or make other suggestions and your reasons behind them.

Thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

Gram is not making his kit available for sale any more, at least there are no current plans to anyway, he could very well change his mind at some later date but as of now he is not doing it. his band got a recording contract so they've been hitting that pretty hard.

i think the best option of those listed would be a variation of D.

use ORP roller perches and lower control arms, a set of his blueprinted stock style upper arms with the 1 inch "shelby"drop and randalls or steeroids rack, unless you can afford the TCP rack, and the TCP bumpsteer kit. out back i'd use the TCP G-Bar or a modified stock style leaf spring rearend with an EVM or Fays 2 watts link.

i also would use opentrackers front suspension parts. at the rear is where you will gain the most handling wise, if you think out the suspension. i am considering a nextel cup style rear suspension but with out the adjustability. they use 67-72 chevy truck arms with coil springs and a panhard bar. that suspension will really plant the rear tires when launching hard off the line or off a corner. there is also very little suspension bind even with rubber bushings.

Thanks for the replies. This is the way I am sort of looking to go from the replies. Let me know what you think, would add or change.

When I bought this car it was a Drum brake car. I have a friend that deals with mustangs and bought a car that was partialy restored. Made a deal with him and swapped the complete suspension and disc brakes into my car. I was told that it was a grap-a-trac suspension with 620 springs up front and 1 inch lowering springs in the rear. Everything looked brand new. With that being said this is what I am thinking of.

Front: Ordering the kit and making a set of roller bearing spring perches. Possibly taking the lower arms and making them into roller arms and boxing them. A set of adjustable shocks (any suggestions) Not sure if I need to do anything to the upper arms (possibly a set from open tracker). Already have an export brace and monte carlo bar installed. If I can swing it I am looking at a randalls power rack and pinion. (but open for other more affordable suggestions) When I got all the suspension parts they came with a set of subframe connectors (not sure of the brand) but they have not been installed yet. I would also lower the upper control arms 1 in.

Rear suspension: sway bar (size?) running slapper style traction bars, but would like to get a different, better setup. Looking for suggestions for the rear.

Brakes: In the future I would like to add Cobra brakes front and rear off an SN-95 with one of the kits from www.vintagevenom.com or www.mustangsteve.com.

Sorry so long