Suspension Upgrade Opinions??

For the subframe connectors I am going to tell you to bring it to someone who has done them more than a few times. It is more than just slapping them on and welding them in place. The car nees to be at ride height fully loaded or you will end up permanently with a tweaked car. Get the full length MM ones as they are the thickest, strongest ones on the market and fit like a glove. If you get the bare ones, paint over the, and the areas where they prepped the underside with a good rust preventive paint.

I actually need to cut my SFCs off and replace them, the drive on lift was slightly tweaked and that transferred to my car, passenger door is harder to open.

• Sponsors (?)

I went Steeda mostly and handle like a dream.

Springs- FRPP "C" (only wanted a 1" drop)
Sub Frames- Steeda
Caster / Camber Plates- Steeda 4-Bolt
Strut Tower- Steeda
Front Sway Bar- Steeda
Rear Upper Control Arms- Steeda
Rear Lower Control Arms- Steeda
Rear Sway Bar- Steeda
Bushings- Steeda
K-Member- QA1 Tubular (From Steeda)
A-Arms- Stock Modified
Struts- Tokico 5- Way Adjustable (From Steeda)
Shocks- Tokico 5-Way Adjustable (From Steeda)
Alignment- Done at Steeda

I went Steeda mostly and handle like a dream.

Springs- FRPP "C" (only wanted a 1" drop)
Sub Frames- Steeda
Caster / Camber Plates- Steeda 4-Bolt
Strut Tower- Steeda
Front Sway Bar- Steeda
Rear Upper Control Arms- Steeda
Rear Lower Control Arms- Steeda
Rear Sway Bar- Steeda
Bushings- Steeda
K-Member- QA1 Tubular (From Steeda)
A-Arms- Stock Modified
Struts- Tokico 5- Way Adjustable (From Steeda)
Shocks- Tokico 5-Way Adjustable (From Steeda)
Alignment- Done at Steeda

Wow, I'm curious, did you do this all at once? Did you do the work yourself or take it to a shop? And, if you don't mind me asking, about how much do you have invested in those upgrades?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just interested and trying to do as much homework as possible.

Thanks!

Personally I have turned to UPR for all of my suspension needs. They make quality parts in the USA, are reasonably priced and their parts down right work.

Are you looking into changing the front, rear or both suspension wise? What kind of a budget are you working on?

I would look at changing the upper and lower rear control arms first. For your street application I would stick with polyurethane bushings on all ends.

^^Smart man. And he speaks from experience. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, I'm curious, did you do this all at once? Did you do the work yourself or take it to a shop? And, if you don't mind me asking, about how much do you have invested in those upgrades?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just interested and trying to do as much homework as possible.

Thanks!

I installed a little at a time in my garage. Steeda is close to me so I could just go pick it up. First was the easy stuff like springs, strut tower and sway bars. Oh, forgot to add I also had an additional adjustable rear sway bar by Steeda (two sway bars in the rear). The rear upper control arms were the pain to install, those bushings would not come out. It took a few days but they finally did an the rear stuff went on easily. Sub Frames were installed at Steeda since I don't own a welder. I also had them install the Tockico struts and shocks then alignment right after. While I was there I had aluminum driveshaft installed.

A few thousand bucks into the entire suspension. I don't remember the exact amount off hand. The quality of the parts were of course top notch. Still going strong after 12-17+ years.

Reactions: 1 user