Suspension

Howard03gt

Jan 24, 2015
You guys have been doing this a lot longer than I have so I'm wanting some advice now that y'all have some hind sight. I'm very new to the mustang world I'm 26 and bought my first mustang last august because i have always wanted one but was scared of the prices for mods compared to my old sbc and lt-1 but I got over it and bought a 2003 mustang gt that was completely stock even had stock exhaust on it, haha I deployed last october and have been buying little things here and there and having my buddy back home install and tinker with it. With all that being said I have done a whole lotta research and have noticed that suspension plays a big role in track times. I would like some advice on what suspension mods would be best for running this thing 1/8 th mile track. Right now im thinking steeda lca and coil over kit for the front with 14" 150# springs but like i said i dont know jack compared to you guys that have been driving and modding mustangs most of your life so any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I've had good luck with just the basic soft front Springs with 90/10 lakewood shocks and 50/50 lakewoods in the rear with LCAs. Although that setup isn't very Street friendly. The coilovers are nice but if you get a drag race specific they can get pricey. Is this a daily driver?

I've had good luck with just the basic soft front Springs with 90/10 lakewood shocks and 50/50 lakewoods in the rear with LCAs. Although that setup isn't very Street friendly. The coilovers are nice but if you get a drag race specific they can get pricey. Is this a daily driver?

Ya its a daily driver but I live on a military post so the car gets driven like 6 miles a day but hey thanks for the advice