Interior and Upholstery Svo Specific Interior Parts?

okh8pvmnt

Dec 6, 2015
I haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet, but I've stumbled onto a deal on an '85 SVO that is almost too good to pass up. Sadly it is an abandoned (for years) project and is really crapped out. The body is pretty straight, with a subpar fairly recent respray in the incorrect black rather than Canyon Red. There are various missing parts, marker lights(ouch $$$), lower rear spoiler(upper is in the car), one wheel, cowl, hood scoop trim, wipers, door handles, etc.
The Koni’s are all there, as are the rear spats. Refreshingly, nothing looks obviously out of place under the hood, other than a missing battery and heater hoses. I really expected to find the turbo, intercooler, and head to be missing as is usually the case with an abandoned project LOL.
The biggest problem is the interior. The seats, console, and door panels are missing. The carpet is toast as one window is missing, and the other is rolled down. Sunroof is intact as are the windshield and back glass. The dash pad is cracked, but the gauges and their panel appear to be in good shape aside from sunfaded needles. Everything else inside the car is bound for the dumpster. The plastics are in the floor and hatch, all brittle and broken from being exposed to the elements or from when they were removed. The headliner and backing are hanging down in pieces, etc. I went to pick up one of the seat belt retractor assemblies and the white plastic shattered in my hand.
Now that the novella is complete, my question is what interior parts are specific to the SVO? I know the seats, steering wheel(present but the leather is falling apart), shift boot, and fuzzy dash fascia. Was there anything else? I’m thinking I might be able to get the rest via salvage yards, and repaint in the correct gray.
Or should I just gut it, weld in a cage, and go SCCA racing? ;)

• Sponsors (?)