Synch-3 Stereo Question...

Condor1970

Dec 3, 2017
OK, I have chatted online with 3 different people on the Ford website while doing a build, called 2 local dealerships and talked to 3 sales people, and no one can answer this simple question as I make reference to my friends 10 year old BMW 335i. My friends BMW 335i has this feature on a 10 year old stereo, so I would assume this is common and simple on the latest state of the art Synch-3 system.

When I play a CD in the Synch-3 stereo, how do I record it into on board memory for future MP3 playback? And, how much on board memory does it have... 32GB, 64GB, etc?

• Sponsors (?)

Is there a way to hook up a HDD without having the cord sticking out the front? It would be nice if there was a USB jack on the back, so you could route it out and mount a HDD under the dash for removal and replacing when you want to.

The usb port does not supply enough power to run a portable HDD, just put all your files on a thumb drive, That's what I did. I have 37 GB of music on a 64 GB drive and it works just fine.

AFAIK the sync 3 system has no internal storage capability, why would you need it nowdays when you can buy a 64 GB thumb drive for ~20 bucks

Do you have the latest update for Sync 3? The newest update allows you to use Google Auto or Apple CarPlay if you have the phone connected to the USB port with a cable. You would then be able to play any songs from your phone and it makes it easier to find them on the screen. It also allows you to use the navigation on your phone and it shows up on the Sync screen.

Do you have the latest update for Sync 3? The newest update allows you to use Google Auto or Apple CarPlay if you have the phone connected to the USB port with a cable. You would then be able to play any songs from your phone and it makes it easier to find them on the screen. It also allows you to use the navigation on your phone and it shows up on the Sync screen.

So, if I rip CD's directly to a flash drive with all labeling data in album folders, does the latest Synch-3 actually recognize that as separate albums that I can cycle through and select, instead mixing everything up?

So, if I rip CD's directly to a flash drive with all labeling data in album folders, does the latest Synch-3 actually recognize that as separate albums that I can cycle through and select, instead mixing everything up?

I'll try it today and see how it works. I usually just use my phone and the songs show in albums or single depending on how I'm searching for them. I'll let you know what I find.