T-5 Driveshaft Length

sr1032

Dec 10, 2014
I wanted to see if I could get some opinions on whether I should shorten my driveshaft or not, I recently installed a T-5 and here is the length remaining on my yoke as it sits, the car is lowered quite a bit but the total comes out to a touch over 1 inch, thoughts on whether or not I should shorter the driveshaft a bit? Thanks.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Sponsors (?)

Although it looks ok as is to me, You cant really go buy your pic. What you need to know is how much actual travel do you have on the yoke before it bottoms out. If you've lowered the car a good bit then you're probably not getting much suspension travel either so you may be ok.

Measure how much space is in between the yoke and the tail shaft as it sits . Leave the yoke in the tail shaft ,unbolt the drive shaft from the rear end and push the yoke all the way in and measure again .If you have 1 inch travel you are fine .If less than i inch travel you need to cut the drive shaft . Be careful pushing the yoke in ,it has a plug like a freeze plug in the end .Push it in gently until it stops .