T-Top Brace Question

jshcobra

Founding Member
Jul 5, 2000
Now that I've finished painting my new t-top braces (the ones under the hood that run from the cowl to each fender) I'm wondering how they were originally installed. Specifically, what type of fasteners were used.

If anyone has an original t-top car, could you please post pics of each end where they are mounted? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Got my digicam sort of working,

here's the drivers and passenger side mounting:

Attachments

• t-brace-d.jpg
    t-brace-d.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 214
  • t-brace-p.jpg
    t-brace-p.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 284
And the cowl mount:

Hardest will be finding "correct" fasteners. The ones on the cowl are 3/8" ?coarse thread (check the braces themselves to confirm) but because of limited space they have small heads with integral washer that use a 3/8" wrench. For the side brackets, IIRC they used a fine thread 3/8" bolt, again with the smaller heads.

If you need measurements, or want me to pull the bolts to confirm, let me know :)

Francis

Attachments

• t-brace-r.jpg
    t-brace-r.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 226
Thanks Francis, those photos help. I was unsure how they bolted to the cowl but now I see.

How are the side brackets mounted to the fender panels? Are the fasteners sheet metal screws or are the bolts with some sort of washer/nuts on the back?

I'm not shooting for concourse-correct here (they're going on my Ghia convertible), just want it to look somewhat factory. Thanks again.

By the way, any new progress on the Daytona II?