t5 conversion

dastang2

Dec 11, 2003
tx
anybody in here that did the conversion have to take the steering collumn out and did you just get a clutch pedal shaft and put in the old auto brake pedal assembly or did you just switch out the auto pedals for the whole t5 pedals.

• Sponsors (?)

I did mine a couple years ago it was pretty cake. I did take the seat out and drop the collumn to make things easier on me (running speedo cable and such). To my knowledge, you can just throw a clutch pedal on, I believe the manual pedals are shifted in different positions to make room for the third pedal. You have to get some manual pedals to make the swap work. Make sure you get all the little stuff attached to the pedals such as cruise controll shut off for the clutch and stuff like that.
Tons of great post on the T5 shuffle, you shouldn't have any problems.

well i finally got my auto assembly out and i flipped the donor car back over and found out that all i have to do is cut it out with a torch and unbolt all of the unwanted metal when i get it out. it caught on fire so there are no windows or dash there.

ok i just got the t5 assembly out and tomorrow it should be going in if i can find the little bushings that keep the shaft straight in the assembly. they melted