T5 Torsion Spring Setup

tyrantfour

Oct 11, 2014
hey everybody, im working on a 2000 3.8L with a T5. the owner had a leak at the rear seal and ended up running dry. He came off the interstate and was unable to get it into any gear. After we got the gearbox open we could see bearing material all over. The input shaft bearings had seized and the input shaft had to beat off of the main shaft. We had the input shaft machined, replaced all the bearings, a few syncho parts and now were trying to reasymble everythin. Ive got a really good grasp on how it all goes except the torsion spring that pulls the reverse idler gear back. i know one end must connect to the idler fork, and on another thread i read the other connetion point is the small near the reverse light switch. but i cant wrap my brain around how that is gonna work. I am unable to find any pictures or any litterature regarding this torsion spring. I really wish i had the tension spring because that would be easier.

Anybody know anything that could be helpful? I found this tread and it was very helpful. I hope some of those guys are still on. Thanks!

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/t5-reverse-spring.709693/#post-6985351

• Sponsors (?)