Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

msq- ive made some offline changes since this one. zero'd out the ASE table ( was a holley thing not sure its helpful here)
cranking rpm is good, replaced the tps which now functions, scratching my head here. i know its user error and im fine displaying my ineptitude.
I even fed the fuel pump 12v seperately and it didnt run so rules that out lol.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    274.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Sponsors (?)

I will dig through it in the morning. Will have you something g that should run by 9
I ditched the whole thing. Took the other tune mentioned above and tweaked it for my small injectors and some other small changes. Flipped a coil harness, fixed an oil leak(s), adjusted the throttle cable bracket because the throttle was entirely shut and it starts and idles now.

I've got a hot header and a cold header and a noticeable abnormality at idle. Chocking it up to the old injectors I pulled out of a ziplock bag to use. Hopefully my adapters will be here tomorrow and I can try again.

But it does run and that's a victory for now.

Reactions: 4 users
I ditched the whole thing. Took the other tune mentioned above and tweaked it for my small injectors and some other small changes. Flipped a coil harness, fixed an oil leak(s), adjusted the throttle cable bracket because the throttle was entirely shut and it starts and idles now.

I've got a hot header and a cold header and a noticeable abnormality at idle. Chocking it up to the old injectors I pulled out of a ziplock bag to use. Hopefully my adapters will be here tomorrow and I can try again.

But it does run and that's a victory for now.
I got all my cardboard boxes,...Now where'd I put my M.C. Hammer pants?

bananaGroove.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
So what the F is it that you have in there again? They're all the same to me. LS1, LS2, 3, 4, 5, 7.7 carry the 6. All LS's. I thought the x was just the abbreviation for "insert your number here."

A true lsx engine didn't come in any production vehicles. It has thicker webbing, tougher, has extra head bolts, etc.

So what the F is it that you have in there again? They're all the same to me. LS1, LS2, 3, 4, 5, 7.7 carry the 6. All LS's. I thought the x was just the abbreviation for "insert your number here."
LSx is exactly what you're saying. LSX (big x) is the name/logo/brand given to the aftermarket block that GM produces, exactly what @Boosted92LX is saying.

Mines an L33, aluminum 5.3 out of a Silverado.
Ls1,2,3,4,6,7,9 and A. Then there is LM7,lq4,lq9, ly6, l33, lm4,l59, l99 etc etc. just RPO codes.

Reactions: 1 user
I recognize the car from a Facebook page I think?

Yeah, they have a Texas invitational every year he always gets to go to. He started out withan ls1/76mm and got beat by a 331 fox with a 76 and a blowthru carb, so he went nuts. Last I heard he was knocking on 1800 hp. He won't pull it into my driveway because he's afraid the turbo will suck up some of the gravel, lol.

Reactions: 2 users